Weekly Email #idk (super creative title)




Hello friends and family. I will begin telling you about the events of this past week!

On Monday I went on exchanges in Gooding with Elder Quiner of Kenai, Alaska. 

 Elder Quiner Took The Selfie This Time 

Big City Gooding

 We had a wonderful time preaching the gospel and ended the day with the most fine oriental cuisine Gooding, Idaho has to offer.



The next major event of the week was the Hailey 1st Ward Christmas Program: "A Night in Bethlehem" 



People were invited to come dressed in biblical attire, and they were given some plastic coins to purchase things while they were in town. (Also to pay taxes to the Roman empire)


We were called to serve gyros.
(I don't think that they had those in 0 AD {or BC} but they tasted good so no complaints)

 Gyro Merchant

Afterwards we helped put away some of the decorations and discovered that the church building has a basement, which is where they stored the stable. We later found out that they ALL have basements.



Side Note: I thought I was slick with my head scarf, but Elder Silva done shown me how it's done.




The next day we did service by helping a family in our ward decorate for a wedding reception. That took a long time, but there were balloons.




Side Note: Elder Silva likes balloons.



That night we went back to participate in the wedding reception. Mostly as translators but they also asked us to walk in with the family and announce that the newlyweds were coming. That was really cool. 


Side Note: Keep Elder Silva away from Martinelli's Gold Medal non-alcoholic Sparkling Juices.


Other than that, the work rolls on as usual. We still have a family planning to get baptized in January and a ton of exchanges to do!

Love you all! Be safe! Don't be afraid to do good! Light the World!

 -Elder Hazeslip

 BONUS PICTURES:







Q & A 

1. Do you need anything? Are you keeping the Calm App? 

I think I'm good right now! Thank you so much. I was making my final decision as to whether or not to keep the Calm app this morning when I got an email that said that they had renewed it. So it looks like I'm keeping it. It is nice. I'll be using it the rest of my mission. (Unless they deactivate the app, in which case Lindsey will be using it the rest of my mission.)

2. Best day this week? 

Wow. I can't even answer that. This week has been so insanely busy! 

3. What did you learn this week? 

Other than that all our church buildings have basements and that wedding receptions are a nightmare to set up? Not too much. 

4. Best meal this week?

Tie between the Bethlehem Gyros and this Venezuelan food called Arepas. Both were good and unique.

5. Best Christmas song? 

Still my favorite: I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day, All verses. I don't really care which version. It is just a really good song.

6. What made you laugh this week? 

Lots of things. Elder Silva was actually kinda loopy at the wedding reception. Probably just the several hours of service leading up to it though. Also, we found this place in Ketchum that had a cake with gold on it. Elder Silva and P were joking about how rich the people were that they had gold on their food. The sign was in English and they didn't realize that it actually WAS gold. So I pointed that out to them and they were like, EH WHAT!? Good times.

7. What made you count your blessings this week? 

Oh, just every day. It's really pretty with the Christmas lights up here and we don't have too much to worry about. It is nice. Blessings falling like the snow.

8. When did you feel the Spirit this week? 

Anytime we actually get to share Light the World with people. All I have to do is hear the music now and I get tingles. Also, the week 3 video is the strongest one. Also the last one, but I'm excited for next week!

9. What are you studying?

We are now in 3rd Nephi, We have been teaching a lot of people about the commandments so 3 Nephi18 is a really good chapter.

10. Any questions for me? 

Are Engine Block heaters really necessary?

11. Do you know where you’re Skyping from this year? (I’m a little excited to talk to you) 

I'll be doing it from my phone! But I'll let you know the time when it gets closer!

Alright! I'll add my pictures to the weekly email and send it! Love you!!!!!!

Lyrics

  1. 1. I heard the bells on Christmas day
    Their old familiar carols play,
    And wild and sweet the words repeat
    Of peace on earth, good will to men.
  2. 2. I thought how, as the day had come,
    The belfries of all Christendom
    Had rolled along th’unbroken song
    Of peace on earth, good will to men.
  3. 3. And in despair I bowed my head:
    “There is no peace on earth,” I said,
    “For hate is strong and mocks the song
    Of peace on earth, good will to men.”
  4. 4. Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
    “God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
    The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
    With peace on earth, good will to men.”
  5. 5. Till, ringing, singing, on its way,
    The world revolved from night to day,
    A voice, a chime, a chant sublime,
    Of peace on earth, good will to men!
  6. Text: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, 1807–1882
    Music: John Baptiste Calkin, 1827–1905


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.