My Mission but every time I go on exchanges it gets 2x faster and more distorted.




Lots of pictures, not many words

So, first exchange this week was with Elder Bonds from California! 

Thursday afternoon we started another exchange, Elder Baker from Utah! 

 Friday afternoon I went on exchanges with Elder Woodin from Utah! 

When we started the exchange it was cold and windy so we had lunch at the snack bar in Shoshone and it was good. 

Other than that, not too much craziness is happening up here other than snow/rain/stuff. 

Sunday was a really good day because we gave talks in church and so did a missionary who is leaving for the MTC this week. We had two people at church who had never come before. Our ward mission leader spoke about his conversion story and it was just a really good sacrament meeting. Hopefully both of them come back next week with their families!

Stay safe and warm everybody! NEXT WEEK IS CHRISTMAS!

-Elder Hazeslip

Other pics from the week:




 Richfield5

 Richfield4

 Richfield3

 Richfield2

 Richfield

 Snow on the Mountain

 Snow in Hailey

 Snow at the Hospital

 Snow/stuff1

 4th of July in December


 Should I submit my picture from Kimberly?



 Q & A

Hi Mom! Good to hear from you! I'll probably be calling you next week from Skype on my phone. We don't know for sure when but probably in the evening!

1. Do you need anything? Do you want anything? 

I think I'm good right now! But thank you though!

2. Best day this week? 

Sunday for sure. Exchanges wear me out. ONLY 3 MORE! I go on more exchanges than the assistants... Fat District.

3. What did you learn this week? 

Jehovah's Witnesses have an app called JW Library that looks a lot like Gospel Library but with mostly various different bible versions. The guy we talked to was trying to find the Book of Mormon because he thought it was a version of the bible. We told him what it really was and he said that he would read it. Also, he was wearing BYU shorts with no idea that that is what they were.

4. Any questions for me? 

Hmmmm. You know, I did have some. 

What are your t-shirt sizes? I probably won’t be able to get anything to you before Christmas, but I do want to buy something before I leave Sun Valley!

I also started doing my college application this week. I submitted one to U of A and requested the transcript from ASMSA. It says I have to pay the 40 application fee again. So I was just wondering if I had that kind of money in my account.

Also, all of the missions around us have done away with member dinners. So we are lucky there I guess!

5. Best meal this week? 

Someone brought us some Mexican food from some place that we don't know. All I know is that it was good and had shrimp. I don't think I have had shrimp since I left. I know you don't like shrimp. So I'm only going to mention it one more time. Shrimp.

6. Uplifting quote or thought or verse?

How about a song? or a lot of songs. The new Mutual music for 2019 came out. It is always good stuff. The theme is John 14:15, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

7. Best thing about being a missionary?

Having the restored gospel is nice. It makes things a lot easier when you are backed by the scriptures. You just kinda walk around and let the Spirit do the work. You do get tired though, especially when it gets dark at 5:00 on the dot.

8. Most challenging day this week? 

Probably Friday. Richfield was cold and we didn’t have a car. Also, Richfield isn't much. And it was cold. It was a pretty sunset though!

9. P day activities planned?

Today we were going to sled. But it is raining right now. So hopefully we will get to do some hiking or something! It is hard to find things to do when the missionary handbook says "no winter sports" and you are in a ski resort town.

10. How have you changed (if you have changed) since becoming a missionary? 

Probably just more decisive and somehow I still weigh less than when I got here. The real answer will have to come next JULY!

Love you! Talk to you next week! 

- Spencer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.