Snowshone, Snowdin Town, SnowXchange. Pick your favorite.




Well, it has snowed a lot and we have been busy.

Last preparation day we got to meet the new missionaries in our district. And we scheduled the 9 exchanges for this transfer (See Subject Line)

So, that being said the first one was on Wednesday to Thursday. I was with Elder Chavez from California. It was a good time. Since the Shoshone Elders have to share a car right now, we spent the entire time walking around, knocking doors and inviting people to participate in the Light the World initiative. 

Shoshone Snow

Oh yes, and it was snowing in Shoshone while we were there! FUN! 

(not really the snow is starting to get old and December just started. help. I'm not sure i can handle 3 more months of this help.)

Anyway, the second exchange I was back in Hailey with Elder Snow! wait... no... my bad, Elder Flake! He is from Snowflake, AZ. He is actually waiting on a visa to go to Quito Ecuador, so the snow was not really something he expected as a missionary. 

(Snow)Flake


The next day was the International Day of Service of the Light the World Initiative. We participated by making refugee kits with the Hailey 2nd ward, and then spent the rest of the day shoveling snow, because it hadn't stopped yet. 
 Service Day


 Snowy Rio


Also, when shoveling snow with Elder Flake, I had wanted to ask permission before doing it. Elder Flake insisted that we just jump in and start shoveling. This kinda made me uncomfortable but we did it anyway. Sure enough while we were shoveling a gruff looking man with a cigarette came over to us and asked, "Did my wife hire you to do this?" 

Driveway in question:



We told him that we had just stopped by and started shoveling. This surprised him a lot and he put out the cigarette and offered us money. When we declined he said, "well darn, now I feel like I've got to go be nice to someone now *he shuddered* and I'm not used to feeling that."

Light the World in action!

We gave him a Light the World card so that he could find some ideas of exactly how to "be nice to someone else"

Also, on Sunday a family of 6 accepted a baptismal date for January!

That is all for this week! Love you all! Drive safe!

 -Elder Hazeslip


Bonus Pics:

That Dog


Watchers:

Cookies n Cream:



Q & A

1.  Do you have snow boots? 

Yes! I have snow boots. 

2. Do you need anything?

The only thing I might "need" (but not really) is this app that is approved for missionaries to use called Calm. I have been using it for free for the past few months and got tired of the same stuff, so I got the free trial with my card. It ends on the 10th and after that it is $60 PER YEAR. (meaning it will go over until I get home). Anyway, I just didn't want it to overdraw if I let the free trial expire. Please advise on what I should do regarding that. I've been thinking about it for a while. 

3. Any questions for me? 

I can't think of any right now! Did they make the Memphis temple bigger? Do they have public plans of what it will look like completed? I get home in time for the re-dedication right?

4. Best day this week? 

OOFF. Probably Saturday. It was the International Day of Service from the Light the World initiative. And it was snowing all day here! But really almost every day this week was good.

5. Spiritual quote or verse or talk we should read? 

Definitely! The talk that President Nelson gave at the Christmas Devotional. I only got to watch the first part of it and it was dubbed over in Spanish, but it was still really good! I'll be reading it again this week!

6. How are your teeth/retainer doing? 

Pretty good! I didn't wear it last night, so it is kinda scary you asked, but I wear it pretty regularly. 

7. What did you learn this week? 

Well, Elder Woodin re-taught me how to solve a Rubik's cube. I also learned the most efficient ways to shovel snow. Also, it looks like I'm the district piano player (because nobody else could do it), so I'm learning to play the piano while people sing.

8. What made you laugh this week? 

We did this thing at our (huge) district council meeting where you introduce yourself as though you were your companion. A little backstory, I found out that Elder Flake's ears make the same sound mine do when you fold them. So I asked him if I could touch his ears to try it. (It is far less weird than it sounds). 

I was on exchanges with Elder Chavez (who up until this point had been very quiet) for District Council, so he stood up and said, "Hi, I'm Elder Hazeslip. I'm from Arkansauce and, umm, I really like Elder Flake's ears."

pure savage. I fell on the ground.

9. Best meal this week? 

Wow. The most interesting was with a German lady in Shoshone. All of the Shoshone Elders (Spanish and English) have to share dinner appointments right now because they were set before they added 2 more and also because they share a car. So we all went together. They had 5 cats that were very playful. We had ham and it was good. 

10. What are you studying? 

We are reading in Helaman now. Helaman 5 is pretty much the only chapter that you actually hear Helaman talking, the rest just follows his sons. But believe me, he makes his few words count. 

Helaman 5:8 And now my sons, behold I have somewhat more to desire of you, which desire is, that ye may not do these things that ye may boast, but that ye may do these things to lay up for yourselves a treasure in heaven, yea, which is eternal, and which fadeth not away; yea, that ye may have that precious gift of eternal life, which we have reason to suppose hath been given to our fathers.

Alright! I'll get finished on that weekly email. It's been a busy week!

Love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.