The Dash is Done (2017-2019)


HELLO EVERYBODY! I'll make this quick because I want to go sledding again (and Elder Silva does too).

This week was Christmas! I got to see the fam! And as quickly as it came, it was done. 

So we went back to work. Transfers are this week so we had our last District Council meeting with the Carey District.


After District Council, I went on exchanges (the last one of this transfer, and year for that matter) with Elder Miller, in JEROME!


It was a good time. We are pretty isolated up in Sun Valley, so it was cool to see some other missionaries!

Funny Story of the week:

We were calling former people being taught Sunday night. One of them was the wrong number. Elder Silva started speaking in Spanish because the way the guy said "hello" sounded very Spanish. The man responded (trying his hardest), "umm, sorry señor. uh, the numbero, uh, is not the correcto".
I was rolling.

Christmas is done, 2018 (my "dash" year) is done, 3 Hour Church is done,  Light the World is... done? 

NOPE!

3 Nephi 18:24:
"Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do..."  

We light the world when we follow the example of THE Light of the World. When we take His name upon us. When we bear one another's burdens. When we comfort those who stand in need of comfort. Is that really something that we just do in December?

Just a thought for those who are deciding on New Year's Resolutions!

Love you all!

-Elder Hazeslip

 Bonus Pictures:
 Misty Mountain

 Mysts Of Darkness

 Snowy Panorama

 Deep Snow

 Snow District (at top of blog)


HI MOM!

1. Best day this week?

CHRISTMAS DUH! I couldn't pick another one if I wanted to!

2. What made you laugh this week?

We were calling former people being taught last night. One of them was the wrong number. Elder Silva started speaking in Spanish because the way the guy said "hello" sounded very Spanish. the man responded, "umm, sorry señor. uh, the numbero, is not the correcto" 

rolling

Anyway, since Elder Silva speaks English too the situation was cleared up.

3. Best meal this week?

ohh. um. idk. uh. OH YEAH. So I was on exchanges in Jerome and we went to this mexican place called El Tigre (JHS mascot is the tiger) I had a Torta that completely changed my opinion of Tortas. 

4. Spiritual thought please. 

So this is essentially how we have been sharing Light the World since the end of Christmas, I hope you enjoy it.

3 Scriptures for the "end" of the Light the World initiative:

John 8:12
"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."  

What we learn: Jesus Christ is the Light of the World. He gives us light to guide us, and also hope of resurrection and forgiveness.

Matthew 5:14-16
"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

What we learn: We are the Light of the World. We shouldn't be ashamed of doing good things. We should use it as an opportunity to glorify our Father in heaven.

3 Nephi 18:24 (Christ is speaking to the Nephites, a remnant of the house of Israel who settled somewhere on the American Continent)

"Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do..."  

What we learn: We are the Light of the World when we follow the example of THE Light of the World. When we take His name upon us. When we bear one another's burdens. When we comfort those who stand in need of comfort. That is how we light the world.

It is not something that we just do in December.

So, the best new years resolution is the same one we make every Sunday, to take upon ourselves the name of Christ, always remember him, and keep his commandments.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

5. Any questions for me?

Not today! Any other mission rumors going around? Just curious really.

6. Do you need/want anything? (In addition to the chips) 

I think the chips should be good! I got the t-shirts today. I'll send them when the post office opens (flat rate box best idea?)

7.  Answered prayers/miracles? 

Well, we will find out on Tuesday (transfer calls) about answered prayers. *Note* I'm still going where He wants me to go, but I'm just hoping we are unified on this one.

8. Most challenging day this week? 

Christmas was hard. But it was also good. Idk, It was hard to find something productive to do. It's all over now though!

9. January mission goals? 

Finish the all of the scriptures next year (but not before the end of the mission, I'm not crazy) is one I have been thinking about. 

10. Are you still thinking about med school/orthopedic surgeon? We discussed your possible undergrad degree but didn’t ask you that. Dodson actually asked us tonight. 

Yes. Still thinking about med school but I have no idea what I want my undergrad to be. I have ideas of classes I want to take (another language beyond Spanish, but it would be really easy to minor in Spanish). Lately I've been thinking Psychology as a major or maybe Biomedical engineering. From what I understand it doesn't really matter too much what your undergrad is as long as you do well on the MCAT, take difficult classes and get good grades in them. But yeah, still medical school for now.

Spiritual thought took longer than usual, so I'll get that weekly email cranked out real fast.

LOVE YOU! 

SEE YOU IN 2019!

The dash is done...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.