If you are asking if I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, then yes!


NO INTRO!

Haunted House

Last preparation day we went to the Haunted Mansions of Albion again to try and scare the new missionaries in our District. It was still really cool the 2nd time around since everything is now up and running. Plus, I didn't get pulled into a closet this time!

Sp00py Conduit

  Welcome To Chili's

Don't Buy a Used Mattress on Craigslist

 District Council

Youth Dance

 Selfie with Dying Elder

Sp00py Aesthetic


Exchanges

This week I also got to go on exchanges with Elder Mejia! It was a good time, we got some lessons taught, and IT RAINED!

Quiubo?

MOISTURE!


It actually rained quite a bit this week, so I caught some pictures of some cool looking clouds.

 Cool Clouds 1


Cool Clouds 2

Horse Service

OK, here was the highlight of the week up until conference. We were asked to help a man reinforce his fence so that his horses didn't get into the highway. This service projected ended up taking FAR longer than we anticipated, but he really needed the help. 

fence

 As we were putting up some new strands of barbed wire, the horses walked over the lowered fence and bolted.

This began a 20 minute chase for these two punk horses, who LOVE apples until there is a 1/4 mile of fresh alfalfa in front of them. 

punks

here Horsey

I will say this though, it was easily one of the best cardio workouts I have gotten in months.

I tried to get a video of them chasing the horses around in a side by side, but as soon as I pulled my phone out, the horses were running behind me. The result is found-footage horror movie material.

Cloverfield


General Conference

The biggest event this week was definitely General Conference. I honestly can't pick a single favorite quote quite yet. President Nelson's talk on the name of the Church was very powerful. It was hard not to feel rebuked about how casually we omit the name of Jesus Christ from His Church. If you haven't heard it, listen to it. 

This quote was good though, "If you are asking if I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, then yes!"

Alrighty, I think that is long enough for this week! Love you all!


-Elder Hazeslip


Bonus pictures that don't fit in anywhere else:

Burley Idaho:
Elon


Massive bonfire in Declo, we thought the little classroom was burning down:

My Songs Know


What You Did

Q & A 

1. Transfer!?! What do you know? What do you suspect? 

Yeah, we don't know anything yet. My guess is one of these three options:

Stay in Declo (least likely)
Go to Malta with Elder Mejia
Whitewash/Train in Wendell (most likely)

2. Do you need anything? 

I was going to buy meds today but they can't fill them until tomorrow. Idk if I have enough money for them right now.

3. Do you have any questions for me? 

I know it is a little ways off, but what do I need to do to get ready for school next year? They are still deferring my scholarship right? Just curious more than anything.

How is the renovation of the Memphis temple coming along? Does it look much different?

4. Favorite message from General Conference? 

I really liked Elder Soares' talk. And I really REALLY liked President Nelson's talk about the name of the church.

5. Best day this week? 

OOF! I really couldn't tell you. Every day this week was really good. That's why this week went by in about 2 sleeps.

6. Best meal this week? 

We had lots of potatoes this week. So I would say potatoes were the best meal this week!

7. What are you studying? 

D&C Section 138. It is really good. I read it a few days before Elder Ballard’s talk. 

8. What made you laugh this week? 

On exchanges with Elder Mejia, I told him that this dog really likes it when you run at it (to be fair, I had ran at it before and nothing happened) anyway, Elder Mejia ran at it and the dog started chasing him. It is only funny because he didn't get bit though. I have a video but I'll get his permission before I send it.

9. What did you learn this week? 

Wow. Way too many things. I read Official Declaration 1 and I never realized that it explicitly states that the president of the church cannot lead the members astray.

10. Best dessert this week? 

Peach Pie! We watched one of the conference sessions with the L's and they gave us some dessert while we watched!

Alright! Thank you for the updates! Love you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.