Elder Livingston got bit by a dog this week, on his bum



AHHH, Declo Family History Center... It feels good to be home! 

I don't know if the quality of this email will improve, or if I will just be tempted to use all of the

GTOOLS 

now available to me.

Probably not though, this has been a really busy week so I better get started telling y'all what happened!

This Tuesday we had zone conference. It was really nice to have one where we just discussed missionary work and didn't have 30,000 changes to discuss. Although this may be the last "normal" one if any of the General Conference rumors happen to be true.




After zone conference we had this thing called "Zone Olympics". It was pretty fun. They had us do push-ups, bicep curls, sit-ups, basketball, volleyball, jump rope, sprints, tug-of-war, and stick pull. We had to do stick pull with our companions, my 23 year old DII slot receiver companion launched me across the stage, three times. Anyway, I did better than I thought I would on all of the other stuff, but I paid for it afterwards. I couldn't really lift my hands over my head the rest of the day...






I was barefoot because that is what all the cool kids did (notice how everyone in the front had no shoes) I was SO SORE AFTER ALL THAT YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE
I did 54 20 lb bicep curls (with each arm) in 90 seconds
35 full push-ups in 90 seconds
65 sit-ups in 90 seconds
120 jump rope jumps in 90 seconds
All of this was before we even went outside to do the tug of war and sprints. I couldn't use my arms the whole day. I'm just now recovering.

The next few days were once again filled with contacting people. We almost had to cancel a dinner appointment because the sister that signed up to feed us didn't have an adult male who could be there. We asked her if she could invite her son (who is less active) and his family, who are all not members of the church. She said yes and we taught them a lesson after dinner, it went really well and we are planning on continuing to teach them this week. We are really glad we didn't give up on that one. Teaching lessons is much more enjoyable than flying around talking to people on their doorsteps.

Speaking of contacting people, Elder Livingston got bit by a dog this week, on his bum. So advice for this week, don't crouch down when there is a Red Heeler behind you.

 We didn't do service at the normal place, but there is a less-active member who we are helping to get ready to baptize his children. He works at the haunted house in Albion (which is also home to a lot of exotic animals and goats), so we did service with him and helped get the place ready for opening weekend. So fear not, there are still plenty of animal pictures from this week:





Sunday was really busy, we taught the 5th Sunday lesson to the youth in the Albion ward. Elder Livingston had this idea for an object lesson where everyone had a code that they had to crack. But everyone had different keys and there was only one correct key. It was compared to the restoration and how there were many churches and people that had the same message right in front of them, but since they all had different means of interpreting them it didn't make sense. The lesson went really well and it got the youth excited about sharing the gospel with their friends. 

Today we are actually going to go through the haunted house with the new missionaries in our district. It should be fun/terrifying. The only thing I'm sure of is that I will NOT be in the front of the group this time. Pics will be added next week...


IF WE SURVIVE!!!!!


Love you all! Be safe!

-Elder Hazeslip

extra pictures of animals and the moon:









Agriculture in ACTION:


Q & A

1. Do you have any questions for me?  
How are the hurricanes doing. Are we going to get rain in Idaho?
2. Do you need anything?
Not right now, thank you though!
3. Shoes, how are yours holding up? Do you prefer your brown ones - Ecco brand? Or the black ones - Rockport, I think? Just curious about your reviews after wearing them for 59 weeks!
They are doing good. It depends on what we are doing. I normally wear the Rockports to church and the Eccos when we do other stuff. I'll add pictures to the drive. They are comfortable though.
4. When is my guitar concert coming?  
We will try to do it this week. We just don't have a ton of time.
5. Best day this week?  
Probably Friday. We had some good service at the campus and then contacted some people in Albion. It was busy and fun. Plus we got to guard the emus and goats.
6. How is J? I’ve been thinking about him a lot since you told us about the cancer.
He is doing good. They are doing an experimental treatment thing for him. He is in pain but seems to be doing better. He is really dedicated to his calling as official ward greeter.
7. Best meal this week?
We didn't have time to have lunch on Sunday because we went to 3 wards. But we visited a family and they randomly asked what we did for lunch on Sundays. We said that we hadn't had anything and they gave us some of the pasta they had for lunch. I was really hungry and it was really good. Tender Mercy
8. What made you lol this week?  
So much stuff. We were doing service at the campus in Albion and i was pulling a water line and walking backwards. I then fell backwards into a tractor tire but I had no idea if it was a trough full of water or what until I hit the ground. So I just sat in it for a second with my legs sticking in the air. It was pretty funny.
9. Uplifting quote of the week?
10. What are you studying?
I read Hebrews and compared it to Alma 7. It was pretty good. Hebrews 2 is a good chapter


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.