Last week in the MTC!




Hello! I don't know what to say this week, things are going good.

Sunday:
I didn't have to give a talk today. The devotional was really good, it was the Provo Temple President and Matron. Choir was also really fun today. We sang  "The Morning Breaks"

Monday:
Once again, I think I just repress this day each week. Must've been fairly normal I guess.

Tuesday: 
Elder Blashill was sick so I had to stay with him in the morning. We still went to choir and the Devotional. I sat next to Elder Wattene, one of the missionaries who got here a day early with me. He is from New Zealand and is going to Thailand. He tried to translate my name into Thai. I put his translation into Google Translate. Apparently the closest thing to Spencer in Thai means sliced pineapple. 
The devotional was very, very good. It was Elder Quentin L. Cook. One of the things he talked about was how we get our mission calls. It felt like he was talking to me. He said that there were medical restrictions, so when they look at the map on the screen all of the places they can't assign the missionary are blacked out. The example he gave was if a missionary had asthma, all of Mexico would be blacked out. 
They receive a prompting about where you go. If they get it wrong, they can feel it and they go back and re-assign you. Needless to say, they don't just dump people in Boise when they can't figure out where to put them. Even if they can't send you other places for medical reasons, there is a reason you go where you go. 
So I'm just going to assume that was an answer directed at me. So when I say I'm excited to go to Boise, I mean that I am actually excited to go to Boise because there is a reason I got called to serve there. Elder Cook recently had a companion from his mission days pass away, and he was very sincere when he spoke. He bore his testimony of the Savior to us and left us with a special apostolic blessing. It was easily the most powerful devotional that I have attended.

Wednesday:
Elder Blashill was sick again, but someone else was sick and could stay with him so I got to go to class on the afternoon. It was interesting. All of the missionaries who are leaving do this thing called infield orientation in the afternoon. So we did that Tuesday through Friday.

Thursday:
We went to class in the morning today! It was really good. I like going to class, the day drags on to much when I don't go. Also Hermana Hale is awesome.

Friday:
We went to class in the morning. We talked to Elder and Sister Martino and met the Seventy they were giving a tour too. Later on someone came into the room and asked if Elder Hazeslip was in there, he knew Sister Keller and took a picture of me and Elder Blashill. I didn't eat lunch because it didn't look very good. But after lunch me and Elder Blashill were studying Spanish outside of the cafeteria and Elder and Sister Wakolo walked by. I introduced myself and said that I was from Arkansas. We talked a bit and took a picture. After that we went to the last session of infield orientation then went to class. Later that night we practiced our goodbye song for Sunday. There are a lot of districts leaving Branch 26 this week. Then that night I slept.


Picture from Sister Kellar 
With the Wakolo's


Saturday:
We went to the Temple in the morning, Temple food is good food. It is also cold outside. Elder Schipaanboord's mother and girlfriend happened to be there. It was kinda funny. He said something like, "wow, that sounds like my mom" followed by, "nope that is my mom... aaaand my girlfriend." After this I got a haircut and wrote emails. I am now here.



That is probably it for my last email from the MTC. I'm ready to get out in the field!

Love you!


-Elder Hazeslip 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.