Blash(ill) from the past!


WELL! I'm not in Hansen anymore.

I am in the Declo area. Which was Elder Gaston's old area. Where he stayed for 3 transfers with his MTC companion. Now I am here with my MTC Companion Elder Blashill.

es loco.

We cover Springdale (x2 wards), Declo (x2 wards), and Albion (1 ward and a YSA Branch)

It has been a crazy week. This Monday we did indeed play golf. It was really fun. The golf course was down in the canyon.








 Tuesday was spent in the shadow of the looming transfer calls. We eventually survived and I got the news.


Wednesday was the goodbye tour. There were a lot of people in Hansen that I got to know really well over the past 6 months. I'll have to come by after my mission and say hi, but I'm excited for all the new people I will meet out here in Declo. We also went to Maxie’s in Kimberly for the last time.


Thursday it happened. It was really quite exciting. I was going on an adventure! Here is the last picture in front of the yellow submarine.


The rest of the week was a blitz trying to meet all the people we could. We also got to do service and I held a baby goat. This one did not run up a tree.

(Pic at top of blog post) 

Albion is a very cool little town in our area. This is the only picture that was taken up there though.


Next week I will have more. I'm adjusting pretty well. From the hill in Declo I can see the windmills in Murtaugh. But Albion is completely hidden from everything. me gusta...

 It's going to be a fun few months.

Love you all! 

-Elder Hazeslip


Q & A 

HELLO SEACOW!

My fingers are cold in here (Declo Stake Center) so I cannot type very well.

1. Declo! How was your first 3/4 week? Were any of your pre transfer predictions fulfilled? 
The first few days here have been great. I will probably forget Spanish if I'm not careful because this is an English area that they put Spanish missionaries in. I had a little bit right. Elder Gaston is with Elder Gonzales and Elder Arbon is with Hodge. I also got that Elder Mejia would whitewash Boise, but he is not with me doing it. I got those. The craziest thing is that my old area now covers all of Twin Falls for Spanish in addition to the Kimberly Stake because there aren't enough Hermanas. So they are going to be BUSY!  Also Hermanas took over the Sun Valley Spanish area.

2. What is your living arrangement? 
We live in a mansion (compared to the Hansen place). It is what they call the Honeymoon Cottage because many newlyweds rented it. Now it has missionaries. It has a separate bedroom, kitchen, and living room.

3. Do you have a car? What kind? Designated driver? 
We have a Toyota Corolla. It gets beat up driving to Albion but it only has 5000 more miles until they retire it so we will probably get a new one in 3 transfers or so. Technically I am the designated driver because everyone got moved around this last transfer and the vehicle coordinator wants the new missionary in the area to drive. But Blashill has only been here 1 transfer, so we will let him do it this transfer.

4. What wards/branches do you cover there?
We cover quite a bit. Springdale 1st & 2nd wards, Declo 1st & 2nd wards, Albion Ward, and Marsh Creek YSA Branch. Up here in Idaho the further east you go the more Utah it gets (with the exception of Meridian). Albion is also in our area and it is the first place I have been that feels like a new area. It is on top of a mountain and I can't see my old areas from it. (In Declo I can still see the windmills in Murtaugh). It is a really cool little town though. I have never seen so many nice church buildings in tiny towns in my life. 

5. How the heck is Elder Blashill? There’s a blast from the past! What other areas has he served in so far?
Elder Blashill is hecking great! He went to Acequia with Elder Cooke for his first two transfers. Then he stayed there and trained Elder Baker for 2 more. Last transfer he came to Declo with Elder Arbon (Elder Gaston's old companion) and now I am here replacing Elder Arbon who is now in Wendell with Elder HODGE. Elder Gaston and Arbon spent a long time here together. They were also MTC comps. This is just the reunion area I guess. Also Elder Snow is in our District. But yeah, he is doing well, enjoying life, etc. We did discuss this possibility in the La Quinta our first night in Idaho.

6. Best day this week? 
Transfer Day! It was weird driving beyond the canyon. Although I guess if you count last Monday then that was a really good day too. Golf was fun.

7. Best meal this week? 
I had Domino's pizza for the first time since I was a real boy. So that was a really good meal. Also there is a Taco Bell here in Burley. that will be good if I get it.

8. What did you learn this week? 
A lot really. Mostly about my new area:



>There is a college in Albion that is used as a "haunted house" now. Harold B. Lee went there. (The summer following his graduation Lee worked to receive his teaching certificate from Albion State Normal School at Albion, Idaho. After two summers of study in 1916 and 1917, Lee passed the state's fifteen-subject test to receive his second- and third-class certificates.)

>Albion also has a flock of wild turkeys and peacocks.

>Albion is cool.

I can't do much research to give details, but I think that should be enough to find it.

9. Do you need anything? 
Nothing right now! 

10. For our upcoming video chat, Skype, Google Hangouts, or Facebook messenger video? Since you have a phone now will it need to be from a ward member’s computer? Or will your device do? Planning ahead and counting the days!
Probably Skype from my phone. That is what was alluded to when we got our phones. 

Ok. I'll start working on that weekly email now. It looks like I will be sending them early from now on. 

LOVE YOU SEACOW!

(Elder Blashill remembered that I called you Seacow, I realized I've been calling you the wrong name this whole time.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.