We scared a goat on accident and it ran up a tree.




For some reason I am not super short on time today. Now the pressure is on because I can't use that as an excuse. Well then... 

This week has been pretty cool. The anticipation of getting transfer calls next week has been eating me alive. (Tomorrow at ~9:30 is when it will all be revealed)

On Monday we just played basketball and volleyball again. It was really fun, but in the middle of playing I got an email that said I was going to be in a new ward for the first time in my life. So I kinda just picked my jaw up off of the floor and kept playing. I must've played hard because that night I was VERY hungry. I ate two corn dogs and a can of Campbell's Chunky Grilled Chicken and Sausage Gumbo.

On Tuesday we scared a goat on accident and it ran up a tree.



We had a very interesting district meeting on Wednesday where we talked about the gathering of scattered Israel. It was very interesting. It makes you want to work even harder when you know that what you are doing is part of the fulfillment of an ancient prophecy. I could type it all out, but basically if you read this talk by President Nelson you should get the gist. The Gathering of Scattered Israel

Thursday we came home to find that someone had left us a box of baked potatoes. (Picture at top of blog)

I spent Friday on exchanges in Kimberly. It was really cool because we found a guy who had a lot of questions. He didn't understand how we could believe in eternal marriage if Jesus said in the Bible that in heaven we would be as the angels, and there would be no marriage. We told him that Jesus was right (obviously), and that marriage does ends at death and they will live on as (single) ministering angels in the next life. We then told him that those who are sealed for time and eternity would be able to be more than ministering angels, and would be together for time and eternity. He had never heard that before from any other missionaries so he told us he would read whatever part of the Book of Mormon we wanted him to. I had read D&C 132 earlier this transfer. If I hadn't, I would not have been able to answer his question. READ YOUR SCRIPTURES!

Saturday we did some service. We helped remodel a house for a lady who is in the hospital right now. Then we pushed some heavy concrete irrigation pipes into a front-end loader. In the latter service, I received a sunburn. It has not been fun and I will be wearing sunblock from here on.

Today we are going to play golf. I have never done it before and may not even be able to finish the game. But we shall see. 

 Potentially the last picture of the Elders of the Kimberly District:



TRANSFER CALLS COME TOMORROW AND I THINK I'M MOVING FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE THANKSGIVING.

...or not, but that is why I'm really excited. 

 Love you all! Have a good week and stay safe!

Q & A 

HI MOM!

1. Transfers - do you know yet?
I don't know anything about transfers yet, I will on Tuesday night. There are only three Spanish sister missionaries left now. One was waiting on a visa for Ecuador and she got it. So that means there is probably gonna be some serious shaking up going on. OH YEAH, and be on the lookout for Sister Victor in the ALRM, she was a trial missionary here and just got her mission call to Little Rock.​

​Just guessin'



2. Can you see the pics we added on google drive? 
Yes! I can! Thank you so much! I like seeing memes and pictures of stuff. It was really weird hearing about the Jax ward thing. Am I gonna give my homecoming talk there?? Also, when does Calvin Simmons come home? It feels like he has been out forever and I saw that Sam Duncan came back.

3. What to do about your pants? 
I'll probably get them altered. I will see. I've only lost ~15lbs since leaving home, but for some reason the suit pants are baggy. It's really just the suit pants though, the others have the elastic stuff in them. I will wait until next transfer though because I'm sure there will be more options if I get to go to Boise.

4. Best day this week? 
Probably Friday. I was on exchanges in Kimberly and we got a lot of stuff done and met a lot of cool people. Saturday was pretty good too though, we did a lot of service and stuff.

5. Do you need anything? (Just let us know on pants and when to regularly add money for meds.) 
Not right now really, but I will keep you updated on the pants. I just bought pills last week on Monday. So thirty days from that Monday I will need to buy more.

6. Funniest thing this week? 
*knocks door*
>kids: "our grandma is in the shower!"
>us: "ok, are your parents here?"
>little kid: Yes!
>older kid: No! 
*older kid covers younger kid’s mouth and closes the door*

7. What did you learn this week? 
It's time to start wearing sunblock again up here in Idaho. (I got sunburned sorry it won't happen again). Also missionary work is part of the fulfillment of the prophesy of the literal gathering of scattered house of Israel. So that is pretty cool IMHO.

8. Prayers answered this week? 
Right before we go on exchanges we say a prayer together. I said it this time and prayed that we would all find people we would be specifically able to touch. On exchanges me and Elder Kartcher found a guy who had several questions, mostly quite deep (He was a heavy scholar of the Bible). After we answered he said that it was the best answer he had ever received from a missionary and that he would be willing to read whatever part of the Book of Mormon we wanted him too. 

9. Recommend another great song that you love.
Hmm. "First" by Lauren Daigle. I have been finding better and better music as time goes on here. 

10. Favorite scripture, quote from a talk, quote from you, or motivational words for us today? 

Love you soo much! (I can’t figure out how to put in heart emoji’s)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.