GIANT SNAKE SWALLOWS MISSIONARY WHOLE IN ABANDONED COCKFIGHTING DEN! NOT CLICK BAIT!


Hola!

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then this is the longest email I will send home.

This was a good week, we went to Shoshone falls on Monday, then we went to go play basketball for the rest of the day.

Shoshone Falls:





We visited some members who had no neighbors. We saw some houses around them but they told us that nobody lives there anymore. The houses were used for a cockfighting ring that got busted a few years ago. They told us to look around it and we did. 

Creepy Abandoned Cockfighting House:















I got to see 4 of my past 5 companions this week. (Elder Marin is in Orem so it would be hard to see him).

Missionary Reunion:



Elder Gaston picked up a little snake. He asked me to take a picture of him with the snake. As I stepped into the grass to get a better angle I stepped right next to another (bigger) snake. He picked up that one too. That one was a lot meaner. It tried to bite his shoe several times.  

SNAEK!:





We had zone conference. I don't have pictures of the dessert but the family that made us liquid nitrogen ice cream last week made the same thing for the zone conference. It was a hit. 

Zone Conference:








I noticed that there were flowers blooming in front of our house. I assumed this meant it would be warm now. (I was wrong)

Spring is here (JK):





Exchanges with ELDER KARIM this week were pretty great too. We found a lot of new people and this weird snowmobile thing.

Cool Snowmobile car thing:



Accidental Selfie:



Today (Idaho weather is wack):





 Also, no pictures of this, but we had 5 INVESTIGATORS AT CHURCH?! It was great. Two of them only spoke Spanish and came to the Hansen ward. We couldn't find the translation headsets so I had to translate for them by just leaning over and telling them what they were saying. I felt weird talking during a talk. There are a lot of members of the Hansen ward who speak Spanish so it worked out really well and they told us that they enjoyed it. 

Lots of stuff to do over here in Hansen.

Transfer Calls are next week.

My luck may be running out.

 LOVE ALL OF YOU! Stay awesome and don't get stuck in a cattle guard!

 -Elder Hazeslip

aqui son sus respuestas:

1. Do you need anything? 

Not really, but kinda, maybe. In the future. This will sound bad but my suit pants are getting too big. I promise I'm eating all that I can, but my belt is the only thing really holding them on now.
The only other thing is that I bought some more meds today. It was not $10. I asked permission to use it and got told no by the mission nurse. But the guy in charge of missionary medical is coming for the general authority tour in May, so maybe he will have a different opinion.  

2. How did your talk go today? Topic? Summary? 

The talk was on prayer. It went pretty well. I really just did an overview of what prayer is, why it is important, and how we should do it. I guess the only interesting thing I talked about was what it really means to pray in the name of Jesus Christ:

"Christians are taught to pray in Christ’s name (John 14:13–1415:7, 1616:23–24). We pray in Christ’s name when our mind is the mind of Christ, and our wishes the wishes of Christ—when His words abide in us (John 15:7). We then ask for things it is possible for God to grant. Many prayers remain unanswered because they are not in Christ’s name at all; they in no way represent His mind but spring out of the selfishness of man’s heart." -Bible Dictionary "Prayer"

3. The Zone conference game - pic to caption. Tell me about that please.

The game didn't really make much sense. We had to find all of the sources for a certain church policy. Then our zone leader had to run up and grab the eraser for us to give it to them. We almost won, but the metaphorical buzzer was out of my hands. We got two of them. And that netted us several handfuls of candy from President Bartlett. The one looking at me was Elder Gonzalez. He is currently with Elder HODGE in Wendell. He was on a different team. I was reading the page in Handbook 2 where it says that a missionary presentation should be given at baptismal services.

Caption: "Wait to be recognized..."



4. Were you able to teach any of the families from Thursday last week again this week? (Peru, El Salvador...)

No, but the people we taught Thursday night came to church this week. In the Hansen ward... I ended up translating for them by just sitting next to them and speaking. I felt awkward. The radio translation headsets were nowhere to be found. They really enjoyed church though.

5. Best day this week?

Friday was really fun. I was on exchanges with Elder Karim and we went to Murtaugh. It was his first time down there. We got a lot of stuff done.

6. Worst meal this week, and best?

We had some Japanese Chinese food. You could probably guess where. It was really good as always and I left feeling like I needed to roll out of there. There really wasn't a bad meal this week. The worst meal is the one you don't eat.

7. What did you learn this week?

Chobani pumps out dinero. Idaho weather is in fact wack. There is a (Mayan?) city under a lake in Chaipas? Lago guinea? Idk if it is real but if so, sunken cities? Cool 3 Nephi stuff right there!

8. What all do you have to get done on p day? Basketball, emails, laundry, shopping... what else? What time of day does p day end? 

Really just laundry, shopping, emails and something physical. Preparation day starts at 8 and ends at 6. We usually play basketball from like 4 until the end. We also go out to eat. I think we are going to Pizza Pie Cafe today.

9. What could members do better to help full time missionaries? 

If you are building a fence or weeding or something, even if you don't think you need help with it. Let the missionaries help. IDK why but around here it just seems hard to find service opportunities. 

10. How’s daily exercise going? What have you been doing? Same as always? 

A lot of ab stuff and push up stuff. Occasionally we do something with the 7 minute workout app but it has been glitchy lately. I could definitely work out harder every morning, but Idaho weather hasn't permitted working out outside yet. But soon.

OK LOVE YOU!

I need to start on that weekly email now. 

LOVE YOU AGAIN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.