don't worry, it's stored in a different tank


HELLO GENTE!

This week was just good. Last week was loco, so this one might seem like Normie Life in comparison but trust me, it was good.

On Tuesday I went on exchanges with Elder Kartchner. We went back to his area and saw a massive plastic eagle. (top of blog post)

We also saw this:


Someone is trying to trunk me out...

ANYWAY

Wednesday we went to Murtaugh and played basketball with some people who were outside. This is now my favorite way to contact people. 

Thursday was a "really, really good day" (my journal 2018). We found one family in Kimberly, one was from Peru and the other from El Salvador. They invited us in and offered us a little bit of food which was actually a lot of food. While we ate they had some questions and we basically ended up teaching the restoration. They started out skeptical because they had their own religions but they got a lot more interested as we talked. They told us to come back anytime. 

Later that day we were at F's and G knocked on the door to take us to a lesson. He used his deductive reasoning skills to locate us within 5 minutes of realizing we weren't at our house. We left our car at the house too, so it made it that much more impressive. The lesson G took us to went awesome as well. Thus, a "really, really good day".

I also got this:


Someone is trying to trunk me out...

Friday was cool. We had dinner in Murtaugh. We made Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream. It was awesome. Then we played with the stuff for a bit. Here are videos.


Saturday was also good. Elder Gaston almost got bit by a dog, so he tried to kick it. He missed but it ran away. It was really windy all day though. We had sloppy joes for dinner.

Sunday we went to the Spanish Branch and tried to find people in Kimberly and Hansen to teach. No luck, but we did have an investigator FAMILY come to church. That made everything better.

Today we are going to go to Shoshone Falls. So get ready for those pics next week. 

Also me and Elder Gaston are finally rocking the short-sleeve missionary shirts.



​LOVE YOU ALL, HAVE A GOOD WEEK! 

-Elder Hazeslip

Bonus:

​Improving duolingo, one question at a time.

Q & A and other commentary: 

WOW! Mission week #34? 4 months and I will be I feel like there is a prick of light at the end of the (super fun, don't get me wrong, I mean this thing is like a rollercoaster) tunnel. Especially since Elder Anderson is gone.

In mission news, I made predictions for next transfer. Things are (probably) getting Sh00k up. One of the new Hermanas went home, so now there are only going to be 3 of them. Which means there will probably only be 1 all-Spanish area (the best kind) that sisters will have. I still think I am going to Boise.

<<<ANYWAY>>>

Ok, here are your answers.

1. Do you need anything? Not right now, thank you!

2. Best meal this week? Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream. I'll send you the videos of that.

3. Best day this week? Hmm, Probably Friday. That was Liquid Nitrogen ice cream day.

4. What are you studying? Conference Talks! M. Russell Ballard's is nice because he is very blunt. I also like Uchtdorf's and Bednar's. I'll have a lot of stuff to read over the next 6 months.

5. Funny moments this week? A lot of funny things. The most funny was that we got a family into a commitment battle. One of them promised to come to church for all 3 hours if her children were nicer to their brother-in-law and then the husband couldn't leave church early to check on his cows. It got heated and one of them tried to hide behind the counter, but he got sucked into it too. Fun times.

6. What inspired you this week? Fast and Testimony meeting at the Spanish branch was really good this week. 

7. What challenged you this week? Elder Gaston wanted to go tracting. I wanted to just see referrals or Hispanics. He said, "Do you not want to share the gospel with everyone?" I couldn't say anything contrary without sounding like Satan, so we went tracting.

8. What song do you have on repeat lately? 93 Million Miles by Jason Mraz 

ALRIGHTY! I will be writing that weekly email now. Also we found out yesterday that we are giving talks in the Murtaugh ward next week. I am much more comfortable giving talks in Spanish and I don't know why, but it'll be fine.

LOVE YOU!!!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.