"BOO!" -Elder Dallin H. Oaks



HI!

Monday:

We did indeed go to Jump Time. It was exhausting. I did a back flip for the first time. That was fun. I did land on my head a couple times too. That was less fun. After that we had to kinda scramble to get the other Elders to an appointment and switch cars back with some sister missionaries but it all worked out. We have a Rogue (w/ AWD) now, so the winter can't hurt us. (It actually can).

Tuesday:

Not much. We accidentally found a less active member. So that was neat

Wednesday:

We went to Murtaugh and had a District Meeting. 

Thursday:

Not much, weekly planning. We were in Murtaugh later that day, it was dark and raining and we were walking around and the power went out, so that was kinda cool.

Friday:

I was on exchanges with the Kimberly Elders. Specifically Elder Collins. We helped a man move for about three hours. After that we walked around Kimberly and visited people because they were out of miles. It was cold. My chin was numb. But I SURVIVED! and will make sure I never run out of miles during the winter.

Saturday:

We had 3 appointments in the morning and nobody cancelled. It was great. Later on we went to the Youth Cultural Celebration for about an hour. That was also pretty cool, it reminded me of the Twin Falls one that we had a recording of in Burley. Then we had some more appointments that night that all ended up working out too. All in all it was a pretty busy day.

Sunday:

Temple dedication! It was really neat! After that we had a dinner appointment in Murtaugh then we had to go Twin Falls for the YSA Face To Face. That was also really interesting. Then we went back to Hansen. 


Monday:

ITS RAINING! We are going to do shopping and some other stuff. Also there is a Culver's here. We will be eating lunch there today. AND I am writing emails. I try to balance time with organizing my music on my USB and writing emails. I have about 30 minutes left right now, so I'm not as pressed for time as I usually am. Also we were really busy this week, so I only have one picture. SORRY! I will have more next time, What do y'all want pictures of? 

Love you!

-Elder Hazeslip

Q & A 

1. How is your new area? Your new comp?  The new area is pretty OK. Our house is in Hansen, pretty much nowhere, but we cover a lot of area and it is in the middle. I like Murtaugh the best, it is near the canyon and is just cool. Like Oakley. New comp is also cool, not trunky at all.

2. What have you been served for meals by members there? 
We had some Japanese food with a family, we stacked the husband's firewood. He served in Japan and met his wife there. Other than that we had Mexican Hot Dogs yesterday, it had mayonnaise on it. 

3. Why are Spanish Elders serving in a mainly English area? 
There are only a few dedicated Spanish areas (Burley x2, Jerome, Sun Valley, Twin Falls, and Boise). The rest of the Spanish Missionaries serve in "Spanglish" areas (Rupert, Acequia, Malta, Declo, Kimberly, another one that I can't remember). There are more Spanish Missionaries than there are areas for dedicated Spanish Missionaries.

4. Do you have a Thanksgiving meal appointment scheduled? 
Yes, with the parents of the family that made us Japanese food. 

5. Are Idaho potatoes really better than those grown elsewhere? 
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure most of the potatoes we eat are from Idaho anyway. 

6. What are you studying currently? Helaman (lots of killing), and Jesus the Christ, that's a good book.
  
7. Did you get your package? I sent it to your house directly and it should arrive Monday/today but I don't know what time the mail comes. So maybe a premature question.
Not yet, but I can look for it. 

8. Do you need or want anything? 
Not right now!

9. Any more info on technology in your mission? 
No new info, once I got to Kimberly I didn't get to talk to the zone leaders as much. 

10. Be sure to let me know what speaker features you can use. 
I will

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.