This Week



Short update this week since nothing much has happened. 

I started running this week, I expected it to be rough because I am out of shape and I'm at a higher altitude. But I only made it 16 laps the first time, which I thought was one mile, but I later found out that it is 10 laps to a mile so that's good.

We have several new investigators, all of the lessons have gone well and the Spanish isn't too much of a hindrance. There was one time when Elder Blashill was explaining how to pray and told him to end by saying "en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen", but I was zoned out and sat up and said "Amen!"
There was an awkward pause, then Elder Blashill continued to talk and I tried in vain to stop my silent nervous laughter for several seconds. I eventually did. It ended up being alright.

There are a lot of people in el CCM because a lot of people had to stay another week due to visa issues and Hurricane Harvey. Mealtimes are insane.

I still cannot Reeee and my throat hurts a bit. It seems to be getting better but I'm starting to think it may have been something other than just singing too loud at the devotional last week.

Speaking of devotionals, this week we heard from Elder Crittenden, the Managing Director of the Missionary Department on Sunday, and Bishop Waddell, Second Counselor in the Presiding Bishopric on Tuesday. Both gave good talks and highlighted the importance of the Book of Mormon in conversion. No more Apostles yet but there are still a few more weeks.

Choir was also good this week, the choir director still has cool stories and I made sure to sing quieter this time. We sang a pretty cool adaptation of 'Have I Done Any Good?'.

Also we found a song in the Spanish hymn book that everyone loves, 'Jesus es mí luz' (The Lord is My Light). It is great.

Anyway, I got a haircut today, so that will be the picture for this week. Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.