Hello!






Hello!

My response comes late today because our district decided that we needed
to go to the temple first thing in the morning. But I did eat in the
cafeteria at the temple and it was the best food I have had in a
month, so it was a great trip.

It is still quite crowded but I can tell that it is getting better,
some days the cafeteria line is still at "nope" levels.

Devotionals were good this week. Fast Sunday was busy, we had a
"mission conference" after sacrament meeting, and later on we had the
Sunday devotional which was President Weidman, who is the second
counselor in the MTC presidency.

Speaking of the MTC presidency, President Martino, MTC President, has
a very southern accent. We looked him up and he is from Denton, Texas.
But Sister Martino, who is the MTC Relief Society President, was born
in Morrilton. She actually told me this the first day I was here,
but since I had just arrived I didn't know who she was.

David C. and Deanie Martino
David C. Martino, 63, and Barbara “Deanie” Martino, four children, Denton 4th Ward, Denton Texas Stake: Provo Missionary Training Center, succeeding President Dean R. Burgess and Sister Annette C. Burgess. Brother and Sister Martino recently served as a senior missionary couple. Brother Martino is a former president of the Philippines Angeles Mission, stake presidency counselor, bishop, high councilor, and missionary in the Italy North Mission. Retired chief executive officer, Russell-Newman Inc. Born in Denton, Texas, to Frank Nilson Martino and Betty Jean Newman Martino.
Sister Martino served with her husband in the Philippines Angeles Mission and is a former stake Young Women presidency counselor, ward Relief Society and Young Women president, and ward Primary presidency counselor. Born in Morrillton, Arkansas, to Albert Sidney Gilton and Ada Idella Minton Gilton.
Something happened and they switched out our afternoon teacher again.
So far we have had Hermana Hale in the morning every week, but our
afternoon teachers have been: Hermano Calder, Hermano Savage, Hermano
Garcia, and now Hermano Durrant. They've been fighting over who gets
to teach our district I guess, we are just that awesome.

I haven't seen anyone else going to Boise, Spanish is still improving
(I feel like I am at the lower levels of fluency, I just need more
vocabulary) and the CCM is better than I expected but I am going
insane being stuck in the same square KM for over a month.

Elder Alvarado from Peru and his companion left this week. Elder
Alvarado got here a day early with me, but he got to leave earlier
than me because he is from Peru and knows Spanish pretty well. He and
his companion are going to the San Fernando California Mission. He is
the short one, I don't remember how to spell his companion's name, is
was something like Elder Ascęo, he is from Haiti, but lived in the
Dominican Republic and most recently Canada. He speaks French,
Spanish, Creole, and he only writes in calligraphy because his parents
made him.


Choir was excellent, Brother Eggett is the best. He has all of the 
best qualities of a band director with his humor but also ties in 
a spiritual message with every story he tells. It is worth going to
choir just to hear him talk. This week we sang another good song, 
a version of Lead Kindly Light  He told us the story of how it was 
written and I really needed to hear it.

We finally had another apostle speak to us, Tuesday night was Elder Dallin H. Oaks 
He talked about the importance of having a testimony
of the resurrection, teaching repentance, baptism, the Book of Mormon,
and the significance of being set apart. When a missionary is set
apart, they are separated from things of the world and essentially get
Gospel sharing superpowers that help others feel the spirit. However,
this is taken away when they are released. Basically, I don't need to
waste any time because I am only going to be set apart for a short
time.
Devotional September 5, 2017
(the choir sings Lead Kindly Light 10 minutes in) 



LOVE YOU VERY VERY MUCH!
-Elder Hazeslip


PS: oh yeah, I got the food! Thanks! Everyone suddenly wanted to be my friend, kinda strange. Elder Anderson is going to Little Rock next week, Spanish speaking, he is in our Zone. I also tried Elder Blashill's glasses, they were huge on me.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.