Week two update: Choir, Eclipse, Tours




OK. So a lot has happened this week. On Sunday, we went to sacrament
meeting and had a few other meetings as well. Later in the afternoon
we went to choir practice, we sang Hurrah for Israel. It was good and
the choir director was very funny, he has a band director sense of
humor with his stories. He did mention the Elisha and the she-bears
story, so that was neat. One time he said that he was directing a
choir singing 'Come, Come Ye Saints' and they sang it with so little
motivation that they may have well been singing 'not so bad, could be
worse'. This is now my mission motto. I also sang so loud at the
Tuesday devotional that I lost my voice and couldn't speak for a few
days. It's mostly back now, but I still cannot "Reeee" properly
(SAD!).

The eclipse was also very neat. The temperature dropped about 14
degrees and the shadows got weird. We had about 90% coverage and
someone let me see through their glasses, and I took a picture through
the filter when it was just starting.

Final point from the last week, the MTC tours came to an end but we
had to help with them on Thursday, the last day of tours. Elder
Blashill and I were starters, so we introduced people to the tour. It
went well and there was one sister who came for the tour who served in
Little Rock. She perked up when Elder Blashill said that I was from
Cabot and she told me that she was transfered to the Lonoke Branch at
one point. That was cool, it was nice to interact with real
(non-missionary) people for a change.

We went to the temple last Saturday too, I have a selfie from the
event. Also other photos I would like to dump.

Elder Hazeslip



 The district 

 Viewing the eclipse 

The eclipse 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.