An 8 Day Week





Hello everyone! This is the first weekly email written on a touch screen since the MTC. (Update, we just gained access to some computers, so it this isn't ENTIRELY on my phone.)

Last preparation day we went to City of Rocks. Just as pretty as ever down there! (more pics in drive)




We did service at the barnyard as normal. Kale doesn't taste good. The goats are very fond of it though. One of the goats was just chillin' on a bench. I wasn't going to tell him how to live his life.




On Friday we went to the Declo Homecoming parade. It wasn't as long as the Declo Days parade. But it was still pretty long. Declo beat Buhl (Elder Livingston's old area) by quite a bit to nothing. So I'm not hurting too bad that we couldn't go watch the game. We did get lots of candy thrown at us in the parade though, perks of serving in Idaho! We also saw a Bishopric member at the parade who asked us to give talks on Sunday (2 days notice). So "perks of serving in Idaho?"

We got to experience a dust storm! It hurt my eyes. It reminded me of the warning we received in raft river several weeks ago...






We also found this family up in Albion, they speak Dutch (who knew southern Idaho was so diverse?) Anyway, their son LOVES to play ping pong so I played him (Hazeslip Victory). They also were telling us about how they found human remains in their basement... Fun times in Albion!

The talks on Sunday went well. Elder Livingston is a really good speaker so it was a little hard to follow him. Shorter notice may have been better though--it didn't give me as much time to stress about it!


Other than that we have just been busy contacting lots and lots of people. It's pretty fun. Some are interested and others aren't, but so far we haven't found anyone who was just waiting for us to show up so they could get baptized in a week. There is still time though! Staying busy makes time fly by, hopefully we can keep up the pace

We were in Twin Falls all day today and had a lot of stuff to do! So that's how an 8 day week results in a really short email! Hopefully the pictures make up for it!

Love you all! Stay safe!

-Elder Hazeslip

Q & A

1. When do I get my video of the hymns being played on guitar?
That’s what I sent the music for, right? I'll ask Elder Livingston when the performance is.

2. Do you need anything? Should I order and send earmuffs or do you want to pick them out and purchase locally? It would be nice if you could send them. I don't know of any places to buy them and shopping with a companion with you at all times is stressful. The kind I want are like small and thin, they fold together small. Normally black. I've seen missionaries with them before.

3. Do you have any questions for me?
I honestly can't think of one right now... We will keep thinking for next time!

4. Best day this week? Why? 
... I really don't know which one. We were crazy busy every day this week. Sunday was good, we gave talks in Springdale played ping ping with a Dutch family in Albion. I won, but completely forgot to make the guy promise to take the lessons if I won. Maybe next time...

5. Best meal this week?
We had a really good steak dinner with the C family in Albion. Probably the best steak I've had in Idaho. I'm a slow meat eater.

6. Is there a safety harness on that zip line? Or were you kids just hanging on?
Nope, no harness! Just the foot strap thing.

7. What have you learned from Elder Livingston?
A lot, he went to BYU for two years and he knows a lot about the scriptures. He is also really good about following promptings, thus the miracles. Which are still happening really often.

8. Inspired inspirational quote of the week? Whatcha got? Any source.
President Nelson:
Find a quiet place where you can regularly go. Humble yourself before God. Pour out your heart to your Heavenly Father. Turn to Him for answers and for comfort. Pray in the name of Jesus Christ about your concerns, your fears, your weaknesses—yes, the very longings of your heart. And then listen! Write the thoughts that come to your mind. Record your feelings and follow through with actions that you are prompted to take. As you repeat this process day after day, month after month, year after year, you will “grow into the principle of revelation.”
We have shared this a lot lately and a lot of people around us have mentioned it too. Must be important!

9. Favorite track on The Word album? 
Wow, they are all really good. I'll defer judgment until next week. I haven't had much time to listen to all of them. I like the Esther one though, that's just the only one I can remember right now.

10. What made you laugh this week? 
I saw a goat just chilling on a bench. I laughed at a lot of other stuff too, I just can't remember the specifics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.