WOW! What happened at that party?! Crazy!!


HI!
This was actually quite an eventful week.

On Tuesday I went to Malta on exchanges with Elder Royal. We spent the morning in south Malta trying to visit a few people and I got a lot of pictures of the cool scenery and cows while we were down there.

 Malta
  Malta

​MaltaPreaching
  MaltaSky
 MaltaSky
 InnovationThatExcites


​​
Then that afternoon we went up to Raft River to do service for a few people. I was going to wear a t-shirt, but apparently that won't fly in Raft River. So I got some proper attire for the afternoon from Elder Royal. 

(Pic at top of blog)

One of the people we helped has worked on movies. He trained horses for the "Geronimo" movies and also for Legacy. The Ox that was healed and walked again. That was his. We hauled some gravel around and then helped clean out his goat pen. There were several years of goat manure in there. Stacked up like 3 feet. It is the worst thing I have smelled in my life. I did get some pictures of his goats. Including this one who really likes to jump.

 JumpingGoat

​​
 G.O.A.Ts

Then the next guy we helped out also worked on movies. He also has a TON of horses. He owned the monkey Chao from The Testaments. We helped him feed his miniature horses.

 LongFace:ShortLegs

Wednesday was a bit slower. I helped our neighbor/landlord weed-eed (weed-eat, I know, Nobody says it like that though) his yard. Then we went to an appointment we had for that afternoon. He wasn't there. So we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off when we randomly got two referrals from SLC. We went and contacted one of them and they weren't interested. Also, missionaries visited there a lot. But it gave us something to do for about 15 minutes so that was still a blessing. That night we had another appointment cancel. So I talked to the cows on the canal bank and one of them tried to charge me. I guess I called his mom a heifer in cow language or something. We got out of there.

MOOOVE 

Thursday was the 1st day of summer. We did service at the barnyard again and I had a sore throat. This will be important later. Crazy stuff happened at the barnyard and I took a lot of videos. I will quote Elder Blashill:

"We did service for the barnyard. Started out with T. telling us that the owner of the house left her 4 and 6 year old in his care while she went to Arizona for something. So he was pretty frazzled when we got there. He said, "Do you know what pillow-casing is?"
"No", we said.
"Like where you put a metal doorknob in a pillowcase, and swing it around as a weapon?"
We replied, "Oh okay, yeah."
"Well, the boys have been playing this game called 'ghost ball' where they put a heavy rubber ball in a Walmart bag and spin it around. Then throw it as far as possible. I worry that people are gonna see a bunch of white kids in the park playing 'ghost ball' and, like, call the police. Leave it to white people to reappropriate a horrifically dangerous situation into an innocent, fun game.
So T. had an interesting time with the kids but they made it and their mom got back and everything was fine! Other than that, pretty tame day there. T. showed us all of the things we planted. They are all growing! Then he accidentally let the goats out so Elder Hazeslip tore off sprinting one way and I corralled the other way. Basically we are professional goat wranglers now."

So yeah.

OINK




SnakeAssassins


​​RussianDuck

​​ SheepSelfie



nuevogatito

Friday was Zone conference. I was sick this time. (sore throat was the beginning) It was not very enjoyable. Although there was a lot of good things discussed. I just wanted to leave. 





So I took some Benadryl that night and according to Elder Blashill I yelled something to the effect of:

"WOW! What happened at that party?! Crazy!!"

He woke up and asked what I was talking about and I replied

"...I have no idea what I just said."

Saturday I was still sick in the morning. But thanks to my best friend Ibuprofen I was feeling good enough to leave the house in the afternoon. Other than that, pretty uneventful.

Sunday was good too, In lieu of snow cones we had ribs. I'm not complaining about that at all. Also the man of the house, when asking me to say the blessing on the aforementioned ribs, referred to me as "Elder Slip" because it is easier to say. This was good.

LOVE YOU ALL! Wash your hands and wear your seatbelt!

-Elder 'Slip

Extra Pics:
  Potential

 RaftRiverExit
  Trax
 EdgyTrax

 RoboticDairy
Dog


​​
 CannoninD(eclo)


Q and A with Elder 'Slip
1. P day last week and today. Any fun activities along with the prep stuff? 
 Well, we went bowling! I beat my personal high score, I got 139. This week will be the same kind of thing. 

2. Do you need anything? All your shoes and clothing holding up? Anything else? 
Everything is holding up pretty well. I do need another Journal though. I kinda want a nice big one that will last me the rest of my mission. The one I have now runs out on July 21st. I think you could find one on the internet better than I can find one here.

3. What do you wish you had known before your mission? 
I really can't think of anything. I don't think knowing what was going to happen beforehand could have helped me prepare.

4. Favorite smell in your area? Worst smell?
Ribs on a smoker-> favorite, 15 years of compacted Goat Manure->Worst smell on the planet, it made cow poop smell like roses.

5. What did you learn this week?
They released a new version of Preach My Gospel. I read through that. I kinda didn't want to read it before because there was SOO much stuff that was out of date and didn't apply any more. The last version of PMG was released in 2004. 14 years ago. Lots of updates, Good stuff.

6. Best meal this week?
Ribs and homemade mac + cheese at the M.’s They are the family we normally have snow cones with.

7. Best day this week?
 Exchanges in Malta. We went to Raft River too, they have American Falls addresses. It is the furthest you can get away from the mission office pretty much. We were closer to the Brigham City Temple than to the Twin Falls Temple. There were signs telling you that it was like 80 miles to Ogden or something crazy like that. 

8. Hardest day this week? 
The day and a half that I was sick. It might not look like it but I was dying at Zone Conference. My nose was running the whole time and I just wanted to leave. It lasted forever. When we got back to Declo I took some Ibuprofen and we went to a dinner appointment. I held it together for that, but I felt like I was burning up. Afterwards I took my temp and sure enough I had a fever (100.3 after taking ibuprofen). So I took more Ibuprofen and Benadryl and passed out from 7:30 until midnight. Then I woke up and raided the kitchen but couldn't go back to sleep. So I read a good chunk of D+C by flashlight until I could sleep again. Yesterday was the first time I got up on time again and I'm still working on getting back into the sleep schedule. 

Being sick sucks. Probably is worse for Blashill though.

9. Funniest thing to happen this week?
Also on exchanges in Malta. We talked to one guy who owned the monkey from The Testaments. 

10. Any questions for us? 
Gestation period of a killdeer (bird)? That came up this week. Also, could you send a map of Idaho with all its counties and county seats? Also! Birds that are native to Idaho (or found here)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.