I saw Utah




HI EVERYONE!

So we have our preparation day on Tuesday this week, and also next week too.

We were planning on going to City of Rocks last Monday, but it rained so we decided not to do that. However, I still took a lot of pictures this week:

We still play basketball in the morning for exercise:


​​​I can't quite dunk...YET!
​​​I got creative. 




​We got to go on to the campus in Albion. They have an event center in one of the dorms, we got invited to a senior dinner that they were having there.​






I also got to go on exchanges in Malta. The furthest corner of our mission. With Elder Snow, my companion 2 transfers ago.
​We helped clean up some dry grass in a lady's yard and put it in her pickup. (Picture at top of blog post)

​The mountains in the background of this picture are actually in Utah.





We went to Elba.


They have a very old Church building. The building to the right is actually a separate relief society building. But they don't use it anymore.



​​It has also been a good week for proselyting. We found a family from Peru that the missionaries had been meeting with before I got here. We taught a lesson with 4 members present. It went really well and they want to know more.

We also have our investigator in Albion. Who accepted a baptismal date! July 28th. Hopefully I'll be here for it, but if not I'll be just as happy. He was worried about some family members that might be upset if he joins the church. But he decided that since he was already defending the church against some of the videos he had seen on YouTube, he was ready to move forward. 

Plus, the illuminaughty won't be able to get him...

Also we did some service at the barnyard again. We showed up a little bit early and the man we were helping hadn't finished smoking his magic plant yet. We walked around back and he said "Hello Elders! Just sitting here breathing in the heavy air". He stuffed his supplies into a medicine man bag and we got to work building a fence.

Fun times...

Well, I guess that is all from this week. I leave you with this. The picture editing app we have is much more advanced than initially thought.


​Love you all!

-Elder Hazeslip​​

PS:
Thunderstorm came into Declo last night. Cool Pics came from it:




QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:

1. Have your sisters sent any of the things you requested last week? 
YES! I sent Sydney a thank you picture.

2. Best day this week? Ohhh, I really don't know. There weren't any really bad days this week. I went on exchanges in Malta with Elder Snow so that was cool. OH yeah, and J. has a baptismal date too!  28th of July.

3. Funniest thing to happen this week?  I answered one of our investigators questions. He paused and said, "Wow! What'dya know! Out of the mouth of babes!" This was not unexpected, when I first met him he said, "WOW! How old are you? 16?" Thanks!

4. Best meal this week?  One of the members made Elder Blashill a birthday dinner and got recipes from his mom. Homemade Macaroni and cheese with Oven baked chicken. 

5. Teach anyone new this week? YES! And we got to do it in Spanish. They are a couple from Peru (super awesome country I have learned). They met with him once before I got here but we haven't been able to find him since. Now we have!

6. Do you need anything? Not right now! I'm going to go get my suit altered today. Also, I haven't sent your package yet. I will do it tomorrow. We keep showing up after the post office is closed so I haven't got a flat rate box yet.

7. What are you most looking forward to this week? IDK. Next week we have a mission tour though. We were originally going to have an area seventy come talk to us. He is the Head of mission medical. But then something changed and we got a text that it would be Brian K. Taylor of the Seventy. He gave a talk at last general conference called "Am I a Child of God?" So that will be really cool!

8. Do you know any of your neighbors? Who lives nearby? Next door are the J. family. He used to be the WML and is also our Landlord. He is a really nice guy. Across the street is another family, they are not interested but let us play basketball. On the other side another man, who is nice, and also not interested.

9. When did you most feel the spirit this week? It was a funny moment and a spiritual one. We gave an investigator a blessing to help him decide when to get baptized. Very spiritual, but at the beginning I said "(his name)..." With just a long enough pause for him to say out loud. "YES?" I didn't laugh and finished the blessing. 

10. Most challenging day this week?
Yesterday. We didn't have much to do because we don't schedule stuff on Mondays. We made it though.

LOVE YOU!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.