Splash 'em



ALRIGHTY THEN! Today was a crazy week. I almost forgot I went to Boise. Here's what went down.

Monday:
Preparation day! We played basketball. I jammed two of my fingers. And I made chicken that I was proud of. Here are pictures. ​



After that we had exchanges again. I was still with Elder Kartchner but this time in our area! 

Tuesday:
On exchanges with Elder Kartchner. We had a pretty successful day. Even though we just did English work. We had a lot of appointments in Murtaugh but they all cancelled so we just stayed in Hansen. 

Wednesday:
District Meeting! Elder Durst (one of our Zone Leaders) is ready to go home. He currently has about 36 hours left on the mission. Trunkiness is inevitable. We then helped them with a service project and checked out the new apartment that they are going to be moving into. Then that night Elder Karim told us we needed to stay the night at their house because he wanted to go on exchanges again for his appointment in Meridian. So we did that. I slept on a couch. That was less than comfortable. 

Thursday:
BOISE TRIP! So I completely expected Elder Karim to go with Elder Snow again, but it ended up being me. So that was interesting. We talked to some missionaries from the Nampa mission. Crazy stuff goes down in the Nampa mission. After that we went to Dutch Bros. I didn't know how that works. It was good though. I just got the same thing that Elder Karim did. It was like this Orange Dreamsicle thing. We went to the Mission office. I got a massive box of Libros de Mormon. Then we stopped by a member family in Elder Karim's old area. They missed him. We wrapped it up by going to Chipotle for lunch. I was driving the whole time, so I guess I don't have proof that any of this happened. We did almost run out of gas on the way home and had to stop in Wendell. Therefore, I think I will be transferred to Wendell. If I get transferred at all.

Friday:
We did weekly planning in the morning and went to go visit lots of people. At some point we got stuck in the mud at someone’s house. They weren't home but we went back later to fill in the ruts. The day went by VERY FAST. Time flies. 

Saturday:
Baptism! We started a bit late, but it went really well. Elder Snow did the splashing. I was a witness. I also gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. I think it went pretty well. But I also found out that I would get to confirm him after all, so I was excited for that. The Spirit was very strong. Tears were shed. 



Afterwards we went to Cafe Rio because we were in Twin and hadn't eaten yet. 5 different people tried to pay for us. There was a showdown at the cash register. 

Sunday:
Angel got confirmed! I got to do it because our branch mission leader couldn't be there. It was really cool. He also bore his testimony because it was Fast Sunday. That was also very very cool. We then did visits with one of our branch missionaries until dinner, then we did our first online teaching appointment. It was with Elder Snow's aunt. Near the beginning of the lesson we found out that she was already a member... The lesson still went really well though!

Today we are going bowling again!
Hopefully I do better than I did last time.
I took another picture while writing this email. (at top of blog post) 

Love you all! 

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK EITHER HERE OR WENDELL!

-Spencer Hazehswhip

Q & A

HOLA MADRE! I really love the updates from home. There is this one guy in the Hansen ward who looks quite similar to Grandpa (Hazeslip), it is fun. Also, another guy (with a great name) looks like Grandpa Limb. 
The Personal Progress thing* reminded me of a song I listened to this week. It’s really good. Loneliest Walk  by David Osmond. Listen to it!  

*(Personal Progress Faith #5 Increase your understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ by reading Isaiah 53:3–12John 3:16–17Romans 52 Nephi 9:6–7, 21–26Alma 7:11–1334:8–17; and Doctrine and Covenants 19:15–20. In your journal write your feelings about the Savior and what He has done for you. Share your feelings in a testimony meeting.)

OK, answer time!

1. Transfers! Do you know anything yet? Nope! I'm probably staying. If I go anywhere I think it would be either Wendell or Malta. Acequia isn't off the table either though.

2. Are you able to download the music I sent? Yes! Thank you soo much!! Go Down Moses is really good. I just saved it to my google drive and will download it to my phone!

3. Need anything? Not right now! Thanks!

4. Anything funny happen this week? Elder Karim and Elder Kartchner.

5. Best meal this week? We went to Cafe Rio after A’s Baptism and 5 people tried paying for us. There was a showdown. Cafe Rio is good. I will try to bring it back with me.

6. What did you learn this week?  If we ask for anything in the name of Jesus Christ. We will receive it. However, asking in the name of Jesus Christ means we are asking in His place. Therefore if it isn't something that he would do, or it is against His will, it won't happen.

7. Hardest day this week. This week was cheese. Probably Thursday. JK. I ended up making another BOISE TRIP! #7 has occurred. More on that in the weekly email.

8. What are you studying?  I have been reading 1 chapter of John each day more or less. John has good stuff. Reading the New Testament in the voice that they uses in the Acts of the Apostles bible videos makes it a lot more interesting.

9. Best day this week? Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday! Boise Trip, A’s baptism, and A’s confirmation. I actually got to confirm him too. So yeah, those days were pretty good!

10. How are your investigators progressing? All pretty well! We definitely have no shortage of people to teach.

OK, Love you very much! Time to start writing that big weekly email!

-Spencer Hazehswhip

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.