Do you want to build a snowman?


This week was cold, windy, and went by really fast. Here's what went down.

Tuesday:

Went on exchanges in Kimberly with Elder Kartchner. I cleaned up everything from Facebook. It took too long. My thumb was sore from swiping and un-tagging. So sorry if I untagged myself from your picture, just tag me back on July 30th, 2019.
We had a good day though. We mostly went through some lists their wards gave them. They are both new in the area, so they are trying to figure out what to do. We also had elk and deer steaks for dinner. They were actually good. Me gusta. I liked the deer better. Too bad we don't have those back home. 

Wednesday:

ZONE CONFERENCE! We talked a lot about Facebook, Technology, and Grace. Another good talk about grace? The Gift of Grace by (then) President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. We also read a lot of scriptures about it, since it is very often misunderstood. Definitely something worth studying. Afterwards we had a lesson with an investigator who was questioning whether or not God had a plan for him. We asked him to read Moses 1:39 and replace the word "man" with his name. (Moses 1:39 For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of _______.) It was really powerful. Then the wind was blowing like crazy. We were being pushed around by it and it was cold. The good news was that the wind was blowing from the west so we got to smell Amalgamated the next morning.







Thursday:

Weekly Planning actually didn't consume our day this day. We taught a few good lessons and I posted on Facebook for the first time as a missionary. We were teaching a lesson in Spanish and the UPS man showed up. He wanted to leave the package with the neighbors. So we translated for him. That was interesting. He was confused. Then we showed up around the corner. Good timing UPS MAN!

"The Idaho Boise Mission is now using Facebook to hasten the Lord's work in sharing the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I will be able to use this account to share messages and answer questions with people who are investigating the church here in Idaho, as well as friends and family back home. 

I know that God exists. It has taken me a while to know this for myself, but He is real, and He loves each one of us. 

The Gospel brings happiness, it is not a set of arbitrary rules crafted to control the masses. I have seen how it affects people. It can change lives and generations of families forever. It's real.

I don't want to and will not force my beliefs on anyone. That is not the Lord's way. However, if you have questions or want to learn more, please message me!"

 Friday:

Murtaugh day! We got a lot of referrals from our dinner appointment so we spent the rest of the night visiting them and other referrals we got for Murtaugh. It was a good day. Also, since our key to the Murtaugh building didn't work, we looked through the LDS Media library on the WiFi and found this gem: Abraham and Isaac

It's like Dateline NBC but with really creepy piano music in the background. It also has a good message, so watch it!

Saturday:

Wow. This was when I realized the week had gone by fast. There was a new family moving into the ward, so we helped out with that. They had a piano AND a gun safe! Lucky us! Later on we visited a few referrals we had for downtown Hansen. No success there. We really just need to chase Uhauls around over here. BUT! It was fun and gave us something somewhat productive to do. Then, one of our investigators had a baptismal interview and PASSED! WOO! So this Saturday it's happening. The Spanish Branch hasn't had a baptism in a while and everyone is hoping this will get things kicked into gear again. (Elder Snow is going to baptize him. We flipped a coin to see who would baptize and who would confirm, although the investigator ended up asking our Branch Mission Leader to confirm him. So I'm giving a talk on the Gift of the Holy Ghost instead)

Oh yeah, the snow randomly decided to return today.

Sunday:
Idaho-wide broadcast! We watched it in Spanish at the Spanish Branch because we go hardcore. President Nelson spoke a lot about the Book of Mormon. I'm putting this together, but based off some of the things that have been said about The Book of Mormon lately. I think we should probably read it. Just my theory though. Later on we went and visited some people south of 3200 N and later on in Hansen. Good day. Although cold wind is still a constant.

Monday:
Preparation day. We went to Walmart First! We will play basketball. I am the shortest one in our district. Idk what they do to these Arizona boys. But they are some massive individuals.

Alright. Just a few minutes to spare! I didn't really take any pictures this week except for this one from about an hour ago. (top of blog post) So here are the ones from my old camera (pre-smartphone days). One of our investigators who moved back to Nevada built a very interesting snowman.



LOVE YOU ALL!
-Elder Hazeslip

Q & A 

HI MOM! 

1. Best day this week? Why? 
Friday was pretty good. We visited a lot of people in Murtaugh and might be able to find people to teach over there. We also had a really good dinner appointment too.

2. Most fun this week? Why? 
Everything. Except maybe the cold wind and waking up in the morning. But other than that. Teaching is fun and playing basketball is fun and anywhere Elder Karim and Kartchner are is fun.

3. Best spiritual experience this week? 
Teaching A. every time. Also the Idaho regional broadcast this Sunday with Russell M. Nelson. 

4. Hardest day this week? Why? 
Zone Conference was fun. But afterwards I was dead. So probably that day. Also, I'm not super excited about having to use Facebook. IDK what to do. So I guess I get to learn out here.

5. Most delicious meal this week? 
I had elk and deer steaks. Those were good. We were on exchanges and that was in Kimberly.

6. Funniest thing that happened this week? 
At Zone Conference me and Elder Hodge had a brief conversation in Russian. That made me happy, so that was more fun than funny. The funniest thing was this video. It is a bible stories video about Abraham Sacrificing Isaac. It is straight up Dateline NBC with creepy piano music in the background. 

7. Do you need anything? Any more clues as to the location of "TIWI Killa"? 
Not really. I would think either YouTube or Sound cloud. That is where weird things like that live. Another thing I have been trying to find is The Lower Lights Vol. 2 I got Vol 1 and 3 at Deseret book but they don't really update their stock of CD's that often. (Only missionaries buy them.)

8. Were you granted more miles? 
I just asked. YES! We have more. We have been finding a lot more investigators south of 3200 N road, so that will help out a lot. We have 1350 again. Once A. gets baptized this Saturday, we will have had at least 1 baptism in each of the units we cover since I got here. Since we have so much work to do I will probably be transferred next week. But it's ok. I know how to locate lecherias now.

9. What’s your Spanish fluency according to Duo Lingo? 
Idk. I think it still says 60%. Because I finished everything, I have to be on Wi-Fi to do the "Training" so I don't really do it anymore.

10. How are your shoes holding up?
Pretty darn well. I think they will last the whole mission. But we shall see.

OK! I have about 30 minutes to write this weekly email. Hopefully I get it done.
LOVE YOU VERY MUCH! Keep up the good missionary work down there in CABOT!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.