Elder Gaston eats >5 dozen eggs...




Hello! I'm still in Hansen. Elder Snow went to Malta, and my new comp is Elder Gaston de Florida. He came out in the same group I did but he was in the Mexico MTC for that time. Everyone else in our district stayed except Sister Rap, she's in Boise. The only OG Kimberly District member now is Sister Fangaiuiha.

Ok.

Monday:

PREPARATION DAY! We didn't end up bowling but we did play basketball. I jammed my finger again. I am convinced my right ring finger is just made out of jelly. After that we showered and helped the Kimberly Elders move beds into their new apartment.

Tuesday:

Oh yeah, we were excited about transfer calls. We finalized our predictions. I thought that Elders Karim and Kartchner were staying together. Elder Snow was going to Wendell. And Sister Fangaiuiha was going to stay and train. We had a dinner appointment together with the Kimberly Elders (thus the picture you got on Tuesday night mom) and we got the calls together. Elder Snow is going to like his new area. Malta is cool.



Wednesday:

Elder Snow packed and said goodbye to people for most of the day/night. We also helped the Kimberly Elders clean up the apartment that they got kicked out of.

Elder Karim in his former habitat



The owner of Maxies also gave us this bracket. We made it more missionary-friendly when we took it home. 



Our guesses weren't even close.


 Thursday:

Transfer Party!! I got to see pretty much everyone I knew. The only one I got a picture with was Elder Hodge though. I also took the last pictures with our old district and Elder Snow. Elder Gaston was excited but still kinda homesick about Declo, since that is the only area he has had his whole mission. This is going to be a pretty great transfer though.





Friday:

Pretty much spent the day doing weekly planning and introducing Elder Gaston to the members and investigators we have in this area. I'm pretty sure he will be holding down the Kimberly Fort next transfer.

Saturday:

We got to go to the Temple because Elder Gaston had a recent convert in Declo who was going for the first time. He was a really cool guy. Elder Blashill and the Rupert ZL's were there too. So most of Elder Blashill's previous companions were there and we took this picture. (At top of Blog) 

After that we went down south of 3200 N and got a new investigator from Chaipas. Seriously, why are there not like 10,000 missionaries down there!? Most of the ones we talk to say that they have never heard of our church! ES LOCO! 

Sunday:

Good day! We went to the Hansen and Murtaugh wards for the first time in about 3 weeks because of the investigator we had for the Branch. We also had two investigators come to the Murtaugh ward. They liked it!

After that we spent the day around Murtaugh and Hansen. We were busy all day. It was GREAT!

Alright, that’s all I got!

LOVE YOU ALL!

 -Elder Spencer HeySlip

Q & A 

1. What’s with the new spelling of Hazeslip? Spencer Hazehswhip. How do you pronounce that? 

That is the way everyone who speaks Spanish (eventually) says it. Including our branch mission leader in Twin. He actually just gives up sometimes. Haz-ES-swhip

2. So... sounds like Elder Karim and Elder Kartchner are funny? Are they still comps or transferred? What area were they/are they in? And they’re from AZ, because they all are. What makes them so entertaining? Spanish speaking also? 

Yeah, they don't get along very well, they are both VERY competitive. It is quite comical. They are still comps. I called it. They thought they were leaving. Elder Karim tries to speak Spanish and it is fun. He knows a little bit and just repeats those words. He was in the "Spanish" area in Mtn. Home for a transfer but there isn't really any Spanish work there.

3. Your Facebook says you’re still in Hansen. Is this correct? And Elder Snow is in Malta? Who’s your new comp? Is he from AZ too? 

Yep, here's what happened:

Buhl: Elder Saunders and Royal and a Trainee

Wendell: Elders Hodge and Gonzalez

Jerome: Elders Stewart and Blaisdell

Kimberly: Elder Hazeslip and Gaston

Hailey: Elder Mejia and Millares

Burley: Elder Conner and Hauver

Acequia: Elder Baker and Aganaraz

Rupert: Elder Reusch and Cooke

Declo: Elder Blashill and Arbon

Malta: Elder Snow and Silva

Elder Gaston is from Florida. Nearish to Orlando. He came out with us, he was in the Mexico MTC though. It'll be a good transfer.

4. What did you learn this week? 

A lot! I really can't think of just one thing. Gospel related-ish. People from the Mexican State of Chaipas are very prepared to receive the gospel. IDK why we don't send more missionaries down there. 

5. Best day this week? 

Thursday was pretty cool. I finally got to go to the transfer party again. Change is fun.

6. Best meal this week? 

We ended up having dinner with Brother E. (former WML in Hansen). We just happened to stop by when they were eating and he made some really good cod. 

7. Why are you always the designated driver? Most experience? Best driver ever?  

Everyone tells me I drive slowly. So maybe that's why lol. I think it is just the senior companion. How they decide that, I have no idea. Especially since me and Elder Gaston came out at the same time. 

8. Do you need anything? 

So last week I was about to buy some basketball shoes at Ross but it got rejected (probably a good thing, we have been playing basketball every week but idk if I really need shoes for it). I think buying meds every month has been draining it down. Apparently though, I can flash the missionary medical card at the pharmacy and all prescriptions become $10. So yeah, I'll be doing that from now on. Idk what my balance is, but if it's low could you put some money in my account please? Thanks! 

9. Favorite P Day Activity so far? 

Still that time many moons ago when we went to the Escape Room. Basketball every week has been fun, but Elder Karim and Kartchner go hard when we play ball, so that is definitely the most intense workout I get on the mission. Elder Gaston is tall. Elder Karim is also tall, and Elder Kartchner is VERY TALL. All of them are like 6' 3"+.

10. Do you notice an “Idaho accent” among the English speakers? Do people say you have a southern accent? 

Funny that you said that. People question whether or not I am really from Arkansas. They say I have no accent and one even told me that I sound like I am from Utah. Elder Gaston sounds like a southern boy though so hopefully he will fix me. 

Alright, time to write that weekly email. 

LOVE YOU!

Spencer Hay Slip



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.