use meat sparingly



Tuesday:
Preparation Day. I bought new music. We now have "The Battle of Jericho" and life is good. I also found out that I don't know how to bowl. The Arizona boys are all really good at bowling. Also we had a meeting with ANOTHER NEW WARD MISSION LEADER. I showed up just in time for the great shuffling.

Wednesday:
District meeting, in which I had to clear off Facebook (I'm still trying actually. There is just a ton of stuff on there). So sorry if I un-tagged myself from your picture or deleted your post. I have to nuke everything from before my mission. After that we went to Maxie's. It was good. For dinner we made hot dogs with pulled pork on top. Probably against the WoW, "use meat sparingly". We justified it because it had a bun.



Thursday:
Weekly planning. Went well. Afterwards we went to T&T and talked to Bishop B. He gave us good information about people to visit so we will go do that once we have the miles. Elder Karim and Kartchner came over to our house to pick up some packages which were inexplicably given to us.

We played with Icicles.




We got an old rice cooker from our dinner appointment and we went down south to get some more investigators for the Spanish Branch. We have been teaching a lot of people from Peru lately.

Friday:
Good stuff. We went to Murtaugh and I deleted a lot of stuff from Facebook. After that we had dinner and went and taught a family who wants to come to church. The lesson went really well and the kids are very excited about coming to church. They said they were going to come. After that we found a house full of more people from Peru and taught the Restoration to three of them. Then we finished up the day at A.’s house. He is getting baptized on the 10th. He has lots of quotes that honestly feel like they are right out of the Book of Mormon. Here are some.

"Tener familia es mas precioso que tener oro."
"No importa si tengo que esperar hasta el mundo de los espíritus, vamos a contactar otra vez."
"de verdad, mi nombre es Ángel, pero ustedes son mis ángeles"

“Having a family is more precious than having gold."
"It does not matter if I have to wait until the spirit world, let's contact again."
"Really, my name is Angel, but you are my angels"

Saturday:
Yeah, we planned on doing a lot of things today. But then it snowed and we were told to park our cars. So we put old records in our area book app, watched legacy, ate frozen pizza, watched the testaments, did studies, then went to bed.

Sunday:
Murtaugh ward got cancelled because of the snow. So the investigator family couldn't come. Next week though. We went to the Hansen ward and then Elder Snow got sick so we ended up spending the rest of the day inside from 6:00 on. I was about to go insane. But I survived and am here today.

Alright! Love you all! Enjoy the absence of snow. Sorry if I delete your post on my Facebook profile.

BYE!

-Elder Hazeslip

Q & A

1. What did you learn this week? The Atonement is the best thing ever. The Priesthood is the authority to act in place of Jesus Christ (blessing the sacrament and also everything else). Facebook is weird. I have to delete everything/un tag myself from everything before my mission. Sorry mom! We can re-tag me once I get home. ALSO. Shem and Melchizedek may have been the same person.

2. Do you need anything? Nice Switch Up! Ok, could you try to send me this thing I have heard about "Tiwi Killa" I just need to listen to it once. If you could find an MP3 version that'd be great.

3. Best talk in Sacrament Meeting yesterday? Sister L. gave a talk on how God values us versus how the world values us. (Hint: God's value is more important)

4. Do you attend a Gospel Principles class on Sundays during Sunday school or teach it? Gospel Principles. We sometimes teach it. Murtaugh doesn't have a gospel principles class. We were going to have 4 investigators at church there but they cancelled because of snow.

5. Best thing to happen this week? A. Every time. He came to church (we went to the Hansen ward) and answered lots of the questions during gospel principles. His baptism is the 10th.

6. Hardest thing to do as a missionary? Stay in the house because your companion is sick/it is too snowy to leave. It was only for the second half of the day but I was going crazy. Also, clearing out my Facebook account has been fun. I have to un-tag myself from everything before my mission and delete all of my posts too. The originally said we could just hide stuff from the timeline but that changed. If you could help that'd be great. I'm back to 2014 now and it has to be nuked by Wednesday.

7. What do you eat for breakfast most days? Golden Puffs and toast. It used to be a Cliff Bar because the Cliff Bar factory is in Twin Falls and people give them to us a lot.

8. Anything funny happen this week? We listened to Safety For The Soul  by Jeffrey R. Holland with Amazing Grace in the background (bagpipe version). We opened a portal. It worked too well. We were getting ready for battle. Also, we watched The Testaments this week too. It has been a while. The main character looks like Ben Stiller. Just lots of memes mostly out of that.

9. Anything scary happen this week? Elder Snow got up in the middle of the night, walked over to the wall and just continued staring at the wall when I turned on the flashlight. He said nothing then just walked back to bed after about 15 seconds. He remembers nothing of this incident.

10. How many miles are you allotted? 1200, we asked for more though. We will see if that changes. When I got here we had 1300.

ALRIGHT!  Gonna start on the weekly email now. LOVE YOU!

Facebook becomes a thing for us this Wednesday at Zone Conference. We really aren't teaching anyone who uses Facebook.

LOVE YOU!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.