I think I'll live another day.


Hola! This week was long!

Monday we played basketball after I bought some new ties. I still can't decide if I am going to burn a tie or not. Anyway basketball got very lit. I was very tired afterwards.


Tuesday was a pretty normal day. We set a baptismal date with one of our investigators and I had a corn dog with barbecue sauce.

Wednesday we had a district meeting and ate at Maxie's. We discovered that Hansen is actually a small settlement on Hoth. (see picture for "small town")  The wind doesn't stop. For dinner we had Great Value BBQ Pork Sandwiches. They were surprisingly ...




Thursday we did weekly planning. It was very efficient since they changed the way we do it. We also found a really great investigator who hasn't been here very long. We could tell he really liked to read so we gave him a Book of Mormon to read. I'm excited to visit him again.

Also we called D C this morning. We asked him how he was doing and he said:

"I think I'll live another day." -D C

​Friday we had an encounter with a big dog. It ran at us, touched its nose to the Book of Mormon I was using as a shield and then walked away. The people at the house weren't home. We also ended up on a really sketchy "road" next to a canal. Pretty much all of our appointments cancelled. But I GOT A POPSOCKET! Thanks Mom!


​Saturday we did a lot of looking. We found a bunch of houses we wanted to try and we did that. Elder Snow got a lot of Girl Scout cookies and I saw a really interesting sticker on a door we knocked. I had a lot of pizza for dinner and then realized we still had to go do missionary work. Once I got moving things got better. And we found a new investigator from Peru who just really wants to join the church. He will be baptized soon. Then he will be a seventy about a year and a half later.

Sunday we went to visit a new investigator we found who really wants to be baptized. We went to the Hansen ward for sacrament meeting and it felt like we hadn't been there in a while. After that we stayed in Murtaugh and taught a lesson to an 8 year old. He wants to be baptized. We also ate dinner at the same lesson. Later on I helped an investigator live the word of wisdom by taking (he gave it to me) his tea and we had the Hansen Tea Party. I still felt weird holding it though.


​​Monday was good. We kept busy the whole day and visited a lot of people. Yeah. It was good. Our heater got fixed too. It is now quiet and we don't have a bunch of space heaters keeping things warm. Oh yeah. AND IT SNOWED? It was up to the mid 60s earlier in the week and now there is SNOW!? Yeah, Idaho can't make up it's mind either. I also got some Mail?!? We did some service and someone had to unplug a power brick using a screwdriver. Nobody died. So it was good.



Things are still going. Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Love you!

-Elder Hazeslip

(oh yeah, i'm personally counting the 15th as my 6-month mark)

HELLO! As you probably figured out, we had a Tuesday preparation day. Just for warning in advance this time. Next week will be the same way.  Also! I got the pop socket thing! It is amazing thanks so much! I also got the cards from you and grandma/pa.

Q & A 

1. The leech urban legend from ASMSA. What are the facts? Does/did an instructor have leeches and students fed them their own blood? Do tell.
Yeah. Dr. R did that. I only know that H claimed to have fed the leeches. I wouldn't doubt it if she did. I was in his classroom and she asked him if she could do it and he said yes. I think A may have done it too. He definitely has leeches though. Feeding them your blood is optional.

2. Is your heat working at the house yet?
Yes, the landlord came and fixed it yesterday. The space heater actually worked pretty well.

3. Please tell us more about F.
F. is a member. He needs to record an audiobook. He fills us in on sports. He paints sports signs too. He has an amazing entrepreneurial spirit. He is the kind of man this country was made for.

4. What does this mean? “I can't let Elder Ruesch pass me. I cannot lose.”
The Spanish missionaries follow each other on Duolingo. I am well ahead of Elder Reusch now, so there is no risk of him passing me in the leaderboard. For a while it was back and forth though.

5. When is your temple day this week?
TODAY! It was really cool. The last time I went was in the Provo Temple during those MTC days. By the way, I finished my first journal this week!

6. Will your mission be using Facebook still? If yes, when?
Yes, from what I understand the plan is to roll it out to all missionaries during Zone Conference.

7. How are your investigators?
They are doing really well. We found one last week who is currently scheduled to be baptized next Saturday. We will see if we can get approval for that though.

8. Anything funny happen this week?
We ate with a family of older siblings. They were fighting. One said that the other's brain was a jellyfish. She responded with "Well you're dumb!" It was too beautiful.

9. What did you learn this week?
Last night I learned a little bit more about the Atonement. We watched a video with a member about an artist who made a painting of the Atonement. I knew that the Savior suffered for all of our illnesses, but there was a part of the video that said He did it so that he could judge us fairly. That makes a lot more sense now, since the things that we suffer here in our lives have such an impact on our decisions.

10. Do you need anything?
Thank you for the Pop Socket! Could you download the full MP3 of this talk and send it to me? They have a portion of it in an Ensign. There is a link at the top to the full devotional. Idk if it will let you send it but we will see. His Grace Is Sufficient

Thank you sooooo much!
I love you!

-Spencer






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.