14 degrees

Cold Day in Idaho

Counting up to Christmas!

OK, never mind. This format works best so I'll stick with it for now. It got cold here this week. No snow but lots of frost.

Tuesday:
Zone Conference! We know that smartphones are coming. We went over some training stuff regarding that. We will also have Facebook. I don't know how to Facebook, I guess I have to learn. After Zone Conference we were able to reach our Light the World contact goal. Which was good since we didn't have as much time as we normally do. Later on we delivered Christmas Boxes for the Hansen Ward. I was with our Ward Mission Leader. He had a CD with Disneyland Music, so we did the whole thing while also riding Space Mountain (JK we just listened to that music).







Wednesday:
Elder Marin did the Marriage and Dating portion of MyPlan. I had to watch the videos and stuff with him. I was OK. He isn't ready. He wants to be a missionary for a little bit longer. Later on we went to the Murtaugh Christmas Party and talked to a lot of people and ate too much food. After that we got a mop and toilet brush. Also an illustrated Book of Mormon Stories thing... in Italian. Apparently they thought it was Spanish.

Thursday:
Yep. Not much. Sorry. We did weekly planning.

Friday:
Elder Marin did some college stuff. He gets an hour each week. I told him about Khan Academy. He looked at it and will use it when he gets home. Khan Academy made me miss doing math... I'm probably getting sick or something. We watched Finding Faith in Christ in Spanish with an investigator. He had a bunch of good questions afterwards. Later on a less active family we visited played the keyboard and sang for us too. It was very good and the songs he played sounded very Mexican. It made me want tacos.

Saturday:
Not much. We visited a bunch of people and talked about light the world.

Sunday:
Hansen ward! Later on there was a missionary fireside. It was really good. The stake president gave a good talk and it was overall very spiritual and awesome.

Monday:
It is cold and everything is covered with ice. Except the roads anyway. We are going to a sushi place for Elder Marin's last preparation day and then we are going to do an escape room. This will be a really fun preparation day!

OK, PICTURES. I couldn't take many but I have at least one of my face. Plus the ones you got from Zone Conference hopefully you will be satisfied! (two pics at top of blog) 

LOVE YOU!
-Spence

Q & A and other news!

1. You have two trees! Where did the other one come from?  It was already in the house.
2. Do you need anything? Not right now! Thank you for asking though. We got a mop and a toilet brush from the mission office this week.
3. What are you studying now? I'm in 3 Nephi in English and I just started reading 1 Nephi in Spanish. I've also been trying to read some in the New Testament when I have time. I finished the Acts and am starting Paul's Epistles now.
4. Anything funny happen this week? It got really cold and nobody wanted to be outside? For real. I will start taking a note every time I laugh at something. No demon cats on the hood of our car yet...
5. Is there a missionary meals calendar in the wards like we have in Cabot? Yep. We get fed well. I haven't gained any weight though. Actually I've been losing weight. Probably because I don't sleep until noon every day and am moving around and stuff.
6. Do you do a lot of service in your area? What service projects have you done? People don't really ask much. We have stacked firewood, picked up a mountain of walnuts, and raked leaves. So far we have probably averaged an hour of manual service per week.
7. What have you learned this week? A lot. E.g. If you microwave a sponge after you use it, it won't stink.
8. Do you have a washer and dryer in your house? Yes! They work really well too!

OK, other news. Next Monday Elder Marin goes home. I will drive him and elder Castellano up to Boise on Monday morning. I will stay up there with Elder Carter until Thursday.


LOVE YOU VERY VERY MUCH!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.