Them ARE some nice taters over there!





Hola! Gotta go fast because I only have a little bit of time to write this.

I'm in Burley, ID. It's pretty nice here. Lots of potatoes and lots of cows. We cover the Burley and Oakley Stakes (Which includes Grouse Creek Utah) and the Burley YSA. (Young Single Adult Ward - congregation)

My companion/trainer is Elder Hodge, de Sacramento California.

We are whitewashing an area that has had Hermanas for a long time. When we get calls, people hear our voice and ask "Is this the Hermanas?" In another life I would have instinctively shouted "NO! THIS IS PATRICK!" But alas, times have changed. 
(Whitewashing - Both Elder Hodge and Elder Hazeslip are new to Burley, replacing the Sister Missionaries who have been serving there)

General Conference was great. I liked all of the talks and took notes. My two favorites were probably Elder Holland Songs Sung and Unsung and the Sunday School General President's talk - Tad R. Callister. We watched it in English but there were a few people who came to watch it in Spanish, they had headsets for them to use to listen in Spanish.

Our apartment is nice and clean. We live in a guesthouse behind a member family's home.

It snowed this morning, but it gave up after a while.

Trying to speak more Spanish, the main issue is that there are a lot of different ways people speak here. I've decided I like it better when people speak slowly. There are a LOT of Spanish speaking people here, very grateful for that.

It's potato harvest time and I have seen many trucks full of potatoes drive past us. This also means that a lot of people don't get home until after we have to be inside, so we will have a lot more people we can visit after the harvest is over. 

My name is hard for Spanish-speakers to read/pronounce. I received an "y su nombre es Elder... oh no..."

 Yeah, I think that is about all I can think of for now.

Love you!

-Elder Hazeslip


PICTURES!! (I'm pretty much going to dump all of them.)















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.