Ok, Snow REALLY Slows Things Down



We may be about to break a snowfall record up here!  I think there was almost a foot and a half yesterday in some places. And more to come!

It was so bad that they CANCELLED CHURCH on Sunday. In HAILEY, the city with probably the best snow removal equipment in Idaho. So we spent most of Sunday shoveling snow instead of going to church. 

[Update: the snow that we dug yesterday is magically re-appearing...]

Maybe if the snow holds up, we won't be able to drive to transfers and we'll have to stay until the end of March. How terrible that would be!

Saturday was a really good day! We had two baptisms, one in Richfield for a lady Elder Silva and I started teaching back in November when we still covered Richfield Spanish, and another one for someone we found at about the same time in Bellevue. 

The second baptism we almost had to cancel because of the snow. When we called the sister who was going to be baptized to see if she wanted to postpone, she told us, "No, I'm going through with this if I have to walk there"

It took a long time to dig out sidewalks and parking spots so people didn't get stuck (thanks Brother King!) But the baptism went great! The confirmation had to be postponed until next week. At least one of us will likely be here for it.

Transfers are this week and we have no idea what to expect. The past few transfers have gone by really fast. It's hard to imagine that it's been over 4 months since I got here. No matter what happens I'm really grateful for the opportunity I had to serve here.

Today we are going to ride the gondola to the top of Baldy Mountain. We have connections. It’s snowing right now so I don't know how good pictures will turn out but we are hoping for the best!

Love you all! Have a nice, snow-free week!

-Elder Hazeslip

Pictures:



SO MUCH SNOW

Recovered video from piano moving a few weeks back

 Last District Council Meeting

Helping groom a ski trail

After jumping in the snowbank by the church - At top of blog. 

Q & A 

1. Best day this week? 

Saturday easily. A day filled with baptisms is the best kind of day.

2. Best meal this week? 

That chicken was good. Called Pollo a la Brasa, the Peruvian restaurant in Hailey finally opened and that is their specialty. It was good but it was basically just a rotisserie chicken.

3. Transfer predictions? 

No clue. But, I kind of feel like I'm leaving and the only feasible options are Boise or back to Burley.

4. What did you learn? 

We did some study with the N family on Sunday since we didn't have church. So we talked a lot about fasting with them. Fasts don't have to be 24 hrs. and you can adapt them to whatever you feel is a worthy sacrifice. The point of fasting isn't to go hungry.

5. What are you studying?

Pinging all over the place to be honest. I've been reading preach my gospel a lot lately because we got copies of the 2018 edition.

6. Spiritual highlight?

B’s baptism was really cool. A member of the stake presidency was there and shared a bit of his conversion story (he is from Texas, was Baptist) then we sang "How Firm a Foundation". That is a good hymn.

7. Most challenging day?

Last Tuesday was rough because we spent so much of our preparation day doing service and we were in a rush to get things done. 

8. Do you need anything?

Right now I'm doing great!

9. Any questions for me? 

Not right now!

10. What made you laugh this week? 

When Elder Miller jumped in the snow and came out white.

Alright! That's all I have for now! LOVE YOU!

-Spencer

1. How firm a foundation,
ye Saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in
his excellent word!
What more can he say than
to you he hath said,
Who unto the Savior, who
unto the Savior,
Who unto the Savior for
refuge have fled?

2. In ev'ry condition--in
sickness, in health,
In poverty's vale or
abounding in wealth,
At home or abroad, on the
land or the sea--
As thy days may demand,
as thy days may demand,
As thy days may demand,
so thy succor shall be.

3. Fear not, I am with
thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will
still give thee aid.
I'll strengthen thee,
help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous,
upheld by my righteous,
Upheld by my righteous,
omnipotent hand.

4. The soul that on Jesus
hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot,
desert to his foes;
That soul, though all
hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never,
I'll never, no never,
I'll never, no never, no
never forsake!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest assured, we are staying VERY busy.

"You can't hasten the work of salvation with blood clots."

The Lord can always use you for something, even if it is just for a bad example.